Server: Minigames & Deathrun

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $135.00

Date: Jul 12, 2017 - 10:58 pm

Skratch

Server: Jailbreak (US)

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $5.00

Date: Jul 12, 2017 - 07:34 pm

Soon to come changes

Precisely. Now the first step HL is going to have to take is to never use cancerous myBB software again.
(10-24-2016, 02:26 AM)hlstriker Wrote: There will also probably be a new obtainable admin level 4 rank (that all current HC and Leads will be merged down into as well). Hymns For Disco is right about climbing the admin ranks....

Damn it you had my hopes up when I read this.
(10-24-2016, 04:13 AM)Pavlo Wrote:
(10-24-2016, 02:26 AM)hlstriker Wrote: I'll most likely be adding nerfed timed mutes/gags and regular mute/gag back.

If you're basically gonna re-implement those things why not just go back to the way it was but with a few more relaxed rules and keep the !sm system as well? A lot of servers have !sm and admin muting/gagging and it works fairly well for them. This was what I initially meant with this thread.

To comment on this, a while back I had an idea for a hybrid system or the current !votesm and the old !mute/!timedmute.  How it could work:

Admin could use a mute command on a player, same as before.  When the mute is issued, everyone in the server is notified of who was muted, and for how long.  They are also given the option, through a command, to choose to still hear that person.  Not sure how well this goes with your vision of the new swoobles, but I thought it bring it up since the idea is relevant again.
Tango has a similar Hybrid system with the newer sm and old sm_mute commands together.
(10-24-2016, 04:29 AM)Lucky Wrote: Precisely. Now the first step HL is going to have to take is to never use cancerous myBB software again.

Theres nothing wrong with myBB.. what are you talking about?
[Image: lZ835o3.png]
(10-24-2016, 04:15 AM)Lucky Wrote: special forum medals, icons and titles and just want to feel like they're a big part of the community.

This is something I've wanted to implement for a while. I'm pretty sure I spoke with a few others about it in the past.

(10-24-2016, 04:29 AM)Lucky Wrote: Precisely. Now the first step HL is going to have to take is to never use cancerous myBB software again.

I never said I'm changing forum software :>

(10-24-2016, 05:04 AM)sneezing_panda Wrote: Theres nothing wrong with myBB..

Something I finally agree with you on.

(10-24-2016, 04:36 AM)Hymns For Disco Wrote: Admin could use a mute command on a player, same as before.  When the mute is issued, everyone in the server is notified of who was muted, and for how long.  They are also given the option, through a command, to choose to still hear that person.

The idea is really nice but it's probably not something I'll do since it just takes time away from all the other important issues.
(10-24-2016, 02:26 AM)hlstriker Wrote: However, the new website will have a report system that all admins will be able to participate in as well as an in-game report system. This will make reporting abusive / command happy admins a whole lot easier to report.

I don't know if you already have this figured out but here is an idea (not mine tho, its chickens).

Level 1s can view demos for mic spam.
Level 2s can view demos for ct's breaking rules.
Level 3s can view demos of hackers.
Level 4s can view demos of admin abusers.

Also because I know some higher level admins say that level 3s can't view hacker demos because we can't identify them enough but what if the demos where level 3s think there are hackers go up to level 4s and the ones where they don't think there are hackers go away.

Once again this isn't my idea its chicken's but I am posting this for him.
[Image: UdhMwHT.png?1]
(10-24-2016, 05:52 AM)Burger Wrote: I don't know if you already have this figured out but here is an idea (not mine tho, its chickens).

I'll probably actually let all admins review all reports and use a weight system for their conclusion based on their admin level. This way lower level admins can also get experience.
hlstriker Wrote:I'll probably actually let all admins review all reports and use a weight system for their conclusion based on their admin level. This way lower level admins can also get experience.

Getting reviewed by the entire admin community for abuse (however minor) seems like it could be pretty upsetting.

I do love the in game reporting system, an issue is that a lot will probably be false/low substance but more admins to deal with it should solve that problem.
(10-24-2016, 04:45 PM)Chris Wrote:
hlstriker Wrote:I'll probably actually let all admins review all reports and use a weight system for their conclusion based on their admin level. This way lower level admins can also get experience.

Getting reviewed by the entire admin community for abuse (however minor) seems like it could be pretty upsetting.

I think that it's a good idea because instead of just being ostracized by Lead/HC only, every admin is watching you now and it will make you be more cautious about what you do as an admin.
I don't like this idea of a hybrid system, if someone is muted, they should be muted. We need to reinstate that feeling of admin actually having power and being able to enforce rules. If we as admins mute people and others on the server can just choose to have them unmuted that just defeats the purpose and make admins seem that much less respectable. An admin reversing another admins commands is against the rules, are we gonna start letting normal players do it now?

Getting rid of the SM system in general will better the server and make older players rejoin and newer players stay because nobody wants to join a server where you cannot go a single round without someone calling another player a "stupid nigger" and admins doing absolutely nothing about it. If a player is just being rude then other players can block communication while admins still have the discretion to server side mute them or not.