Soon to come changes

(10-24-2016, 01:07 AM)sneezing_panda Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 09:48 PM)Big Wet Wrote: I think a lot of the players leaving/not staying is rooted in how we handle muting now. *shrug*

THANK YOU! Literally what I've been saying for months.

still think it should go back to how it was before.
Id like a few store things to say - just cut back so the d/l is not so long imo. perhaps that is why the limits valve put into place where there? Tongue just thinking out loud. Tongue
(10-23-2016, 09:48 PM)Big Wet Wrote: I think a lot of the players leaving/not staying is rooted in how we handle muting now. *shrug*

You guys are wrong. I can easily view graphs of player statistics and there is no indication the new rules caused any alteration in played sessions (minus the initial day the news was revealed, but that's due to servers being down).

Guess I'll show some proof:
[Image: 2MoDSse.png]

However, the new website will have a report system that all admins will be able to participate in as well as an in-game report system. This will make reporting abusive / command happy admins a whole lot easier to report. I'll most likely be adding nerfed timed mutes/gags and regular mute/gag back. There will also probably be a new obtainable admin level 4 rank (that all current HC and Leads will be merged down into as well). Hymns For Disco is right about climbing the admin ranks being a big part of the community.
(10-24-2016, 02:26 AM)hlstriker Wrote:

You guys are wrong. I can easily view graphs of player statistics and there is no indication the new rules caused any alteration in played sessions (minus the initial day the news was revealed, but that's due to servers being down).

Guess I'll show some proof:
[Image: 2MoDSse.png]

However, the new website will have a report system that all admins will be able to participate in as well as an in-game report system. This will make reporting abusive / command happy admins a whole lot easier to report. I'll most likely be adding nerfed timed mutes/gags and regular mute/gag back. There will also probably be a new obtainable admin level 4 rank (that all current HC and Leads will be merged down into as well). Hymns For Disco is right about climbing the admin ranks being a big part of the community.
what day is that tall one in the far left
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-24-2016, 02:26 AM)hlstriker Wrote: There will also probably be a new obtainable admin level 4 rank (that all current HC and Leads will be merged down into as well). Hymns For Disco is right about climbing the admin ranks being a big part of the community.

Meaning we can apply? Will there also be a lead-like rank that you cannot apply for and have to be appointed to? When this comes out are you demoting the inactive leads?
(10-24-2016, 02:48 AM)m0nster.eXe Wrote: what day is that tall one in the far left

December 12, 2015. I'm not sure what was going on there.

(10-24-2016, 02:50 AM)Festive Wrote: Meaning we can apply? Will there also be a lead-like rank that you cannot apply for and have to be appointed to? When this comes out are you demoting the inactive leads?

Probably earned through the report/appeal system and other contributions within the community. Haven't thought it all the way through yet. Maybe the rank name will be Valuable Admins or something. Who knows!
(10-24-2016, 02:26 AM)hlstriker Wrote: However, the new website will have a report system that all admins will be able to participate in as well as an in-game report system. This will make reporting abusive / command happy admins a whole lot easier to report. I'll most likely be adding nerfed timed mutes/gags and regular mute/gag back. There will also probably be a new obtainable admin level 4 rank (that all current HC and Leads will be merged down into as well). Hymns For Disco is right about climbing the admin ranks being a big part of the community.

Gold, if I regularly play next summer I'll have to climb through all the ranks quickly!
[Image: kgAKgfO.gif]
(10-24-2016, 02:26 AM)hlstriker Wrote: I'll most likely be adding nerfed timed mutes/gags and regular mute/gag back.

If you're basically gonna re-implement those things why not just go back to the way it was but with a few more relaxed rules and keep the !sm system as well? A lot of servers have !sm and admin muting/gagging and it works fairly well for them. This was what I initially meant with this thread.
making signatures that fit is hard, I give up
All you need is to give incentives for people to want to be a high part of this community and they'll play every day and regularly be active on the forums and servers. 

The major reason why I was motivated to play a lot on the servers and many others was because I wanted admin and a high spot + power in this community. Because I did this myself, I completely agree with what Hymns has to say. 

Also, make the forum ranking system on the new website more polished and nicer to look at. 

The main reason people post a lot and contribute on other forums is because they want special forum medals, icons and titles and just want to feel like they're a big part of the community. 

I mean just look at Tango's forums and see how successful their forums are because of their ranking system and medal system.

-------------------------------

Also, can we please place a more authoritative rule system on the servers again. It worked so well and made the servers a more enjoyable experience when everything was under control all the time. 

When newcomers have a first impression of a nice under control server where they can have fun without cancer blowing in their ears, they will not only stay but will return again and again knowing they will have fun and enjoy themselves. 

How I do know this? Because I'm still here after over a year with 800+ hours.
Yeah I think badges/medals would be nice as appreciation for people, but also incentive to get more involved.  Maybe some based on stats, but also given manually.  ie, post count medals, maybe upvote medals (if new forums will have up votes for posts) , but also medals for community things like suggesting maps, consistently giving good feedback on admin apps, etc.  Just building on the whole idea of people wanting to progress and be recognised for putting time in