Competitive Tournament AMA

Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding the tournament here. There are still some flexible parts of the tournament (such as when it will happen, which depends on how many entries we have). I hope we can clear up any questions you may have. If there's anything you would like change about the tournament, please post that here as well.

[serious]

FAQ:
Q: How will maps be picked?
A: Maps will be vetoed by the team captains out of the default competitive map pool.

Q: When will the tournament be held?
A: TBD. However, it will be during a short period of time (likely one weekend).
(02-20-2016, 07:53 PM)Oozie Wrote: Q: Is there going to be a limit on the amount of tactical timeouts for one team per game?
Three sounds good.
(02-20-2016, 09:48 PM)Woodeyhh Wrote: Q: How many veto's do the teams get? Or is it untill all maps are veto'd and 1 is left or is it only 2 veto's per team and then map is randomly chosen?
Same as the PUG server - vetoed until one map is left.
(02-20-2016, 09:51 PM)Woodeyhh Wrote: Q: Is the map pool Dust II, Mirage, Inferno, Cobblestone, Overpass, Train, Cache, Nuke?
https://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Cat..._map_group
Yes, except for Nuke.
(02-20-2016, 10:11 PM)Woodeyhh Wrote: Q: Should all players in the match be set to offline [Image: 7bfbfd65ed7de17d739a588a15581ee0.png]
to prevent any ghosting?
This won't be required. If people want to, they can feel free to. I see why people may ghost for the other team, but I don't think it will be a big problem. Thank you for the idea!
(02-20-2016, 11:07 PM)✪JT Wrote: Will i be unsilenced to make callouts to my team mates?

Use Teamspeak to communicate with your team.
Do you know how the solo teams will be put together? Like does somebody decide or is it all random?
Is it possible for me to stream for the competition? I'm not sure if the "level 3 admin" thing aplies to streaming as well, thank you!
Do we have an "official" date for the moment?
(02-21-2016, 10:12 PM)TrippiN Wrote: Do we have an "official" date for the moment?

not yet
making signatures that fit is hard, I give up
Have you considered expanding the map pool to, say, the CEVO pool? There are lots of great maps that are competitive af and aren't in the official rotation. Season comes to mind, as does Santorini.
(02-21-2016, 01:53 PM)SantaTheCreep Wrote: Do you know how the solo teams will be put together? Like does somebody decide or is it all random?
I'll talk to those who enter solo and see who they'd prefer to be on a team with (out of those who also entered solo). It would make it much easier if people who entered solo could get together and form teams with each other, but I'll do what I can to get teams worked out between them.
(02-21-2016, 01:56 PM)SantaTheCreep Wrote: Is it possible for me to stream for the competition? I'm not sure if the "level 3 admin" thing aplies to streaming as well, thank you!
The level 3 admin does not apply to streaming. We don't yet have someone streaming, but I'm working on getting that figured out.
(02-22-2016, 12:53 AM)Caspase Wrote: Have you considered expanding the map pool to, say, the CEVO pool? There are lots of great maps that are competitive af and aren't in the official rotation. Season comes to mind, as does Santorini.
Personally, I prefer the competitive map pool. It keeps it to maps that most people know. If a large majority of people want this changed, I'm okay with that, but as it is I'll be keeping it on the competitive map pool.
(02-21-2016, 10:12 PM)TrippiN Wrote: Do we have an "official" date for the moment?

As Pavlo said, there is no official date yet. I'm looking at the weekends of March 20th and March 27th, but nothing is set in stone yet by any means.
Are the games going to be one at a time? Or might there be more than one going since there are 2 PUG servers.