bean saucé 

Server: Website

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $105.00

Date: Oct 11, 2019 - 01:51 pm

Blue

Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $25.00

Date: Oct 10, 2019 - 07:57 pm

How to host your own dedicated csgo server.

(some assembly required)

Things you will need.
SteamCMD
How to Port Forward
Sourcemod & Metamod Files
Patience.

1. SteamCMD (Windows, sorry ubuntu users :/)
Download here
Make a new folder called SteamCMD anywhere and extract the above zip into it.
Double click steamcmd.exe and let it update
After its done updating, type the following into the prompt. "login anonymous" (some games will require you to log in with your steam account)
When logged into the CMD, make a new folder inside the CMD folder called CSGOServer.
When the new folder is made you're going to want to type inside CMD "force_install_dir E:\SteamCMD[i]\CSGOServer"[/i]
This is where the csgo server will be downloaded into.
After you have set the path, and double checked that you have the correct path, you're going to want to type "app_update 740 validate" into SteamCMD.
This will start installing the server files into the CSGOServer folder. (about 8 gbs or so)

2.Port Forwarding
You're going to need to open ports 27000-27015 TCP & UDP up in order for people to connect. Go into your search bar and type  192.168.1.1 
Everyone has a different router and password configuration so I would check the back or sides of your router for a username/password if the typical admin1/password does not work.

3.Installing SourceMod
First Sourcemod depends on MetaMod so download that first and then head over to the SourceMod website and download the latest stable build.
Once both are installed, extract them to your new addons folder inside the CSGOServer folder we made earlier. (E:\SteamCMD\csgoserver\csgo\addons)

4.Running the server.
In order to run the server, you need a few launch properties which can be read by srcds.exe
Go to your csgoserver folder where srcds is located and create a new .txt file
Inside the .txt file you're going to want to put the following.

WARNING - YOU MUST PUT YOUR CSGOSERVER SRCDS PATH IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF MINE. You can also include an authorization key for workshop maps which you can get here.

Quote:"To download maps from the workshop, your server needs access to the steam web api. To allow this you'll need an authorization key which you can generate here.
Once you have your key, run your server with the commandline parameter '-authkey XXXXXXX' where XXXXXXX is your key. Also you can add the key as a single line into the file webapi_authkey.txt under the mod directory csgo.
Your auth key is tied to your steam account, so keep it private!"

Code:
start E:\SteamCMD\csgoserver\srcds.exe /abovenormal srcds -game csgo -console -usercon +net_public_adr 0.0.0.0 -port 27015 +game_type 0 +game_mode 1 +mapgroup mg_bomb_se +map de_inferno -tickrate 128 -autoupdate -bot_quota 0 -authkey

After you copy pasted that, your going to want to hit File>SaveAs> and hit All files in the drop down menu.You can then save it as a .bat file. So save it as  "Start.bat"

5.Configuring the server
Once you have the start.bat ready to go you can then edit the server's motd in the csgo directory and the servers name in the server.cfg file located in the cfg folder

6.Adding yourself as an admin
Go to your addons/sourcemod/configs folder (E:\SteamCMD\csgoserver\csgo\addons\sourcemod\configs) and go to admins_simple.ini and copy paste your Steam ID and admin level below the comment line.

7. Starting the server 
Depending on your computer specs and network, you might not be able to run both the server and play csgo at the same time. I did it fine on a AMD-FX830, 8GB's of RAM and a GTX 770. But for people who dont have that then I cannot predict the results or performance your server is going to have. YOU MIGHT ALSO NEED A GAME SERVER TOKEN ACCOUNT IF YOU WANT OTHER PEOPLE TO PLAY ON THE SERVER

Your going to want to first launch the game first because technically when you launch the server, it thinks you're playing csgo. So launch csgo and then double click the start.bat and you'll see a cmd prompt for the server. SourceMod automatically updates so it might ask you to restart when its done. After SM updates, give the server a few seconds to start up and give you the OK  by saying "Connected to VAC secured server" and it will shoot you your ip address
[Image: X84gyaU.png]

When you see that, alt tab back into csgo and type this into console or your favorites(without connect if favorites)
(connect your.ip.goes.here.:27015)

And you should start connecting. If not, check the srcds.exe for any errors, make sure you have port forwarded the specified ports and make sure the path in the .bat is pointing to your srcds.

I will include more photos later and maybe a video if i feel like talking.
#MakeMinigamesGreatAgain
[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks Appreciate this very much. Now I can become a swoobles defector!
This is more then details omfg! Good shit Hype.
Really helpful and clean :>
How many people can an average connection handle? Does ram and cpu play a big part?
I thought this said decorated lambo at first

Nice Forum Post, atleast I thought it was useful
i'm corruption, you're corruption, we're all corruption
Iv been working at this for 2 hours man

exec: couldn't exec gamemode_competitive_server.cfg

cant fix thi one fucking error plz send halp
(02-11-2016, 01:45 AM)m0nster.eXe Wrote: Iv been working at this for 2 hours man

exec: couldn't exec gamemode_competitive_server.cfg

cant fix thi one fucking error plz send halp

put this into your cfg folder. It shouldve been created when CMD made the server but i guess sometimes it forgets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxr52oh5rrmziol/gamemode_competitive_server.cfg?dl=0
#MakeMinigamesGreatAgain
[Image: giphy.gif]