Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $10.00

Date: Sep 5, 2019 - 02:25 am

Yoblana 

Server: Website

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $20.00

Date: Sep 4, 2019 - 01:55 pm

maps+suggestions

I was going to make this post much larger, but i've decided to consolidate, Below are some suggestions i have, as well as some new maps hopefully. My original list was 70+ maps however, a lot of the maps I combed through and found issues, no port, or simply could not find. I've consolidated it to some of the better maps of the bunch. 
SUGGESTIONS
Map Removal- There are a lot of maps on bhop, and a lot of maps that are just broken, not fun, and not just to me but to all players, i think a bit of consolidation of maps could help, ive been wanting to do this myself ever since i got zm, which i no longer have, however, i could manage to do it by writing down maps i suggest for removal, and over a period of time, getting them removed. it would be a long process to do but itd be nice to clear up some of the junk
Style/help- A help readout, for specific styles would be a cool idea, where say for example you'd pick auto strafe, and itd auto tell you how to play the style, or even just making a /help menu that describes the styles
TAS(Tool Assisted Speedrun)- This is simply a popular style, that is usually applied to just autobhop, however i have seen server apply it to EVERY style (or just some of the MAIN styles). I know hymns has TAS in the works, i figured id suggest that we COULD make it so you can TAS every style. (TAS is esentially bhop but with a reverse button, pause, checkpoints etc.)
Removal of map/playercount etc- I have seen this on other servers, you can use the !hh hide hud command to hide these things, however i think they should just be gone in total, it makes a cleaner look, and better fps for players as well. 
Map/Record Wipe- I believe we should follow surf, with an entire record wipe, as well as rezone maps to be more consistent, Picking one zone speed that will work for every map, in my opinion, 276. 
Showtriggers- Pretty self explanatory, a tool to let you see triggers/tps etc on bhop maps, can be very helpful
Replay Bot- Self explanatory hymns has this in the works as well
Weekly/Monthly Competition- Good ole autobhop competions, consistently every x amount of days, all tracked by a plugin. Simple, server locks to ONE map, best time on AUTO within the hour, wins something, Points, donator, cash prize whatever someone wants to put up for it, or we can create. 
Strafe Trainer- Plugin that shows a line or some sort of visualization of how wide/small to strafe, and how slow.fast, for optimum gain SG has a perfect example, Hymns has been wanting to toy w this

MAPS
bhop_4u recommend making this map linear, it has some cool routes that zones may infringe on
Othermaps  (google drive link w map files)[url=https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ff4WF-aefYMYk1_ZyJOQz0PIKrhBXPHV]
Other maps includes
bhop_anyyy
bhop_consolecake
bhop_kukliii_longstrafe
bhop_nira
bhop_strafe_matans
bhop_straightforward
bhop_stref_wat
Looking for or Trying to port (feel free to help or port some of these, i am trying to when i have more time, most are on game banana or server list, just for css)
Bhop_0002
Bhop_Gloomy
Bhop_2006isback_fix
Bhop_ramil
Bhop_0000
Bhop_oldee_fixxx
Bhop_edibles
Bhop_tranquilgarden2
I know this post is ugly and im sorry, i tried to be cool but im not cool. Hopefully i can get some feedback on suggestions, updates, opinions etc. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes hotdoggy's post:
  •  Hymns For Disco 
BIG +1
(06-11-2019, 12:31 AM)hotdoggy Wrote:
SUGGESTIONS
Map Removal- There are a lot of maps on bhop, and a lot of maps that are just broken, not fun, and not just to me but to all players, i think a bit of consolidation of maps could help, ive been wanting to do this myself ever since i got zm, which i no longer have, however, i could manage to do it by writing down maps i suggest for removal, and over a period of time, getting them removed. it would be a long process to do but itd be nice to clear up some of the junk

---- I wasn't aware of broken maps, any map I find broken are removed asap, we try to fix the issue and add the map back to the pool. What someone considers broken could be in debate though. As for removing maps that are no fun, that can be a bit tricky. Some players tend to say a maps no fun just because it's above their skill level, or the maps too long. I personally don't like removing a map if there is nothing wrong mechanically, even if I hate the map (aka 24) lol

On a side note, ANY map can be debated and removed or added back to the server.

Style/help- A help readout, for specific styles would be a cool idea, where say for example you'd pick auto strafe, and itd auto tell you how to play the style, or even just making a /help menu that describes the styles

---- I was in the works of doing this using one of Hymns For Disco's plugins but valve blocked all links Sad
Maybe a plugin can be created that would put the information on the screen, or better yet place it in console (might not be able to use console due to map spam)

TAS(Tool Assisted Speedrun)- This is simply a popular style, that is usually applied to just autobhop, however i have seen server apply it to EVERY style (or just some of the MAIN styles). I know hymns has TAS in the works, i figured id suggest that we COULD make it so you can TAS every style. (TAS is esentially bhop but with a reverse button, pause, checkpoints etc.)

---- Correct, Hymns For Disco has this in the works As for covering other styles, we will need to hear from him if that's possible.

Removal of map/playercount etc- I have seen this on other servers, you can use the !hh hide hud command to hide these things, however i think they should just be gone in total, it makes a cleaner look, and better fps for players as well. 

---- I'm not sure the fps impact would justify removing these things completely, especially seeing we have a plugin in place to hide them. I see the point for a cleaner look though. I would like to hear more players input on this before I give an answer.

Map/Record Wipe- I believe we should follow surf, with an entire record wipe, as well as rezone maps to be more consistent, Picking one zone speed that will work for every map, in my opinion, 276. 

---- Two things have held this back. One is us trying to sort out a way to archive the current records, even just sending a bot to grab pics of all the first pages would be nice. Doing an archive on the back end is just way to time consuming. Two, is setting a damn start zone speed across all maps. There is some debate in the range between 250 and 280. I personally want to match what ever word records are set with but I also see the argument for setting 250 and have everyone leave the line at 250.

First we need to decide a speed, then we need to see if records can be backed up, or abandon the idea Angry Set a speed across all maps (I think we can set the speed on all maps at once instead of doing them individually) then the big wipe can happen.

Also before the wipe happens we need to verify start/end zones for all maps and stages. I have found start/end zones over hanging everywhere, meaning you can fall at the end and set the record....this will need to be addressed before the wipe.
Damn...that's gonna take forever lol but I have some ideas how to keep track of our progress.

Showtriggers- Pretty self explanatory, a tool to let you see triggers/tps etc on bhop maps, can be very helpful

---- This got forgotten, we can look into getting a plugin, or maybe we already have some options seeing we show boosters. Gonna have to get back to ya on this one.

Replay Bot- Self explanatory hymns has this in the works as well

---- This option everyone is driving me nuts for. Due to HD space required and not being able to find a compatible plugin, were forced to create our own. Thankfully as you mentioned Hymns For Disco is working on some wild ideas to get us a replay bot, he never fails to amaze me.

Weekly/Monthly Competition- Good ole autobhop competions, consistently every x amount of days, all tracked by a plugin. Simple, server locks to ONE map, best time on AUTO within the hour, wins something, Points, donator, cash prize whatever someone wants to put up for it, or we can create. 

---- Sexy was also really interested in some form of competition. I wanted to get one out of the way first so we can see how things flow. From there if things went well and didn't turn into a shit show we can plan more future events. It was brought up at our last meeting and we do agree, events would be a great thing to have at swoobles.

Strafe Trainer- Plugin that shows a line or some sort of visualization of how wide/small to strafe, and how slow.fast, for optimum gain SG has a perfect example, Hymns has been wanting to toy w this

---- Funny you say that, someone else hit me up recently with the idea and shot me a link. This is a strafe trainer he linked me, I just need to see if it's even compatible. This is what it looks like, tell me what you think.
Too much is too much, and that's too much.
Strafe trainer- yes, it's a pretty good one as far as I can see. It's pretty similar to the one I've seen. I like it
Style/help- could also just make a thread somewhere and have a command link to an explanation of the styles
Zones- standard is 276-280 I think 280 is okay, because that's what most prestrafe servers even do. I do like prehop though. I'd like to keep that. I believe hymns and plenty other players would agree with me that 280 would be good. There may be like 1 or 2 maps that arent possible without really nutty first strafes.
Recwipe- why archive to begin with? I know itd be nice to have but, why not start new.
Map removal- I have seen some maps that are broken or you cant play them the right way due to zones, I try to write them all down but I do forget. However some maps truly are just painstakingly horrible, and they kill the server. It's not even that they're HARD, it's a combination of things like poor design, improper zoning, and other things that lead me to those opinions. These maps often kill the server and I just think they have a negative impact. Hard maps are fun, but theres nothing worse than an ugly long map that isnt even fun to run due to shitty design.
(06-12-2019, 01:32 AM)hotdoggy Wrote: Style/help- could also just make a thread somewhere and have a command link to an explanation of the styles
Sadly steam broke all linking to websites, only way would be to create a plugin that would slap it in chat or make a post on the forums and tell players to go there. I like the idea of having style instructions on the forums though.

(06-12-2019, 01:32 AM)hotdoggy Wrote: Zones- standard is 276-280 I think 280 is okay, because that's what most prestrafe servers even do. I do like prehop though. I'd like to keep that. I believe hymns and plenty other players would agree with me that 280 would be good.
I'm fairly certain Disco is one pushing for a 250 start.

(06-12-2019, 01:32 AM)hotdoggy Wrote: Recwipe- why archive to begin with? I know itd be nice to have but, why not start new.
It's may not seem like much right now but this is swoobles bhop history, once it's gone we can never retrieve it again. Trust me from past experience with other games, this data can be nice to have years down the road.

(06-12-2019, 01:32 AM)hotdoggy Wrote: Map removal- I have seen some maps that are broken or you cant play them the right way due to zones, I try to write them all down but I do forget. However some maps truly are just painstakingly horrible, and they kill the server. It's not even that they're HARD, it's a combination of things like poor design, improper zoning, and other things that lead me to those opinions. These maps often kill the server and I just think they have a negative impact. Hard maps are fun, but theres nothing worse than an ugly long map that isnt even fun to run due to shitty design.
Bring any map you feel should be removed to my attention and we can discuss them no problem, you can also bring them too Hymns For Disco. He is bhop lead and has all the power to say what maps should stay or go.
Too much is too much, and that's too much.