Please help donate to keep the website and database online.

$0.00 / $25.00

Click here to donate and get access to customize your forum name and profile.

Recent Donations

Hotdoggy

Server: Bunny Hop

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $25.00

Date: Dec 6, 2019 - 06:10 pm

payphone

Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $15.00

Date: Dec 4, 2019 - 10:40 am

dacop

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $5.00

Date: Dec 3, 2019 - 05:41 pm

hype

Server: Minigames

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $605.00

Date: Dec 1, 2019 - 12:24 pm

D4wGhosty

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $158.75

Date: Dec 1, 2019 - 10:47 am

jgfcool

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $140.00

Date: Dec 1, 2019 - 10:40 am

Specta

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $785.00

Date: Nov 29, 2019 - 10:06 am

MilkMan!GotMilk?

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $50.00

Date: Nov 29, 2019 - 06:30 am

BriskIcedTea

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $130.00

Date: Nov 20, 2019 - 11:20 am

eVoMITcH

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $60.00

Date: Nov 19, 2019 - 11:22 am

jgfcool

Server: Website

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $140.00

Date: Nov 17, 2019 - 10:49 am

bean saucé 

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $115.00

Date: Nov 10, 2019 - 10:44 am

Yota_Ninja 

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $2,919.44

Date: Nov 9, 2019 - 02:38 pm

payphone

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $15.00

Date: Nov 4, 2019 - 11:22 am

✪ Sleigght

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $15.00

Date: Nov 2, 2019 - 06:45 am

"pushing buttons is kos"

This was a thread in admin only, figured I would make it public....

I think saying pushing buttons is KOS is dumb, for many reasons.

Mainly, if warden doesn't want them to push buttons he simply needs to make it so they have to detour to push buttons.

With that in mind... should we specifically disallow warden from making buttons KOS?

When I was more active I would regularly see warden say this as a flood of Ts is stacked next to a button (dojo obstacle course oof), and occasionally killed at seemingly random. Similarly, warden will be halfway through saying buttons are KOS, and kill anyone near the button.

Do you think this change would really be a detriment to warden? Would it really be an asset to Ts?
[Image: gE35etN.gif]
I mean I've rarely seen wardens or CTs freekill someone because they thought they pressed a button. I usually see CTs be more on the cautionary side of things with this stuff by not killing if they aren't 100% sure. I guess there have been times something like that has happened. My biggest gripe with this order is that warden/CTs just stare at the button for a good 10 seconds trying to get a kill instead of proceeding or watching stack.

Although I don't think it's a pressing problem, I still support the change as it would prevent the few instances that it results in a freekill. I also don't think there will be any unintended and undesired consequences with this rule change.
i really think that's just unnecessary, it's not a big deal. I've never witnessed a freekill or anything close to someone like you've mentioned and wardens rarely call it KOS, mainly just more as a deterrent
(05-07-2019, 10:01 PM)Kieran Wrote: I mean I've rarely seen wardens or CTs freekill someone because they thought they pressed a button. I usually see CTs be more on the cautionary side of things with this stuff by not killing if they aren't 100% sure.

This has been my experience as well.

Although this isn't a significant issue in need of change I'm still in favor of a change. Its a fix to a problem, even if the problem is small.
[Image: eG5bfTp.gif]
5th | jimvitational gang
[Image: 0loD30b.png]

https://imgur.com/AwgcYdo.png
Warden rule whatever - Warden should prioritize movement orders over other orders that accomplish similar goals. Example - If you don't want Ts to push a button, do not move them near the buttons. Rather than saying they can not press the buttons make it so they would need to detour to do so.

I like this in concept because of things like the Tensu main cell teleport. The "don't cross this pink line!" is, has been, and will be the most regrettable thing I have ever done on JB. This rule could be used to say "hey man, rather than disallowing them from crossing the line you put there, just make it so the correct action is moving away from it - remember the rule about movement orders over other orders?"

I dislike this rule because it sounds vague, and I don't think it would be easily understood without explanation. Agree/disagree?

Can anyone poke further holes in this rule? (can you think of a scenario where this rule would be DETRIMENTAL) Again this rule is a weird rule because it's not saying a warden must absolutely do only movement orders, it says to prioritize them. Can you think of scenarios where a movement order is a suboptimal solution compared to a different order (these two orders accomplish the same goal)?
[Image: gE35etN.gif]
(05-08-2019, 08:21 PM)Big Wet Wrote: I dislike this rule because it sounds vague, and I don't think it would be easily understood without explanation. Agree/disagree?

I was thinking the same thing. This could be applied to a lot of situations where it just isn't need and would delay the round rather than just having them move, some wardens might get confused or whatever.
Yeah, the other rule is too vague. The prioritize part almost sounds like it is optional, which wouldn't make much sense. I don't see any problem with the first rule you proposed.

I was going through the rules and coming up with some new rules/revised rules. I was going to propose one addressing the pink line bullshit in a new thread.
(05-08-2019, 11:23 PM)Kieran Wrote: Yeah, the other rule is too vague. The prioritize part almost sounds like it is optional, which wouldn't make much sense. I don't see any problem with the first rule you proposed.

I was going through the rules and coming up with some new rules/revised rules. I was going to propose one addressing the pink line bullshit in a new thread.
https://swoobles.com/forums/thread-11153.html
(05-09-2019, 12:50 AM)dad? Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 11:23 PM)Kieran Wrote: Yeah, the other rule is too vague. The prioritize part almost sounds like it is optional, which wouldn't make much sense. I don't see any problem with the first rule you proposed.

https://swoobles.com/forums/thread-11153.html

Yeah I know it was discussed before - felt like bringing it up since it isn’t the only rule change I’ll suggest so might as well.
I love the warden rule proposal but question how it would be enforced.

Following the same logic, the zones on maps such as dojo in lava climb should be removed. If you can't stop terrorists from pushing buttons then should you reallllly be the warden?