Server: Jailbreak

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $50.00

Date: Jun 12, 2019 - 09:48 pm

Boobie boobington

Server: Bunny Hop

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $35.00

Date: Jun 12, 2019 - 11:01 am

the "why not" philosophy when repping admin apps

So I've noticed a recent trend in a lot of reps on admin apps. 2 things have become a big issue and I'm going to try to go into detail on why and how we should attempt to fix them.

The first one is the "why not" philosophy when repping, as in the title. A lot of people rep +1's because "why not". "Why not" give this guy a chance, since he has been good for the past week or "why not" +1 him because he has played for a long time etc. This shit has led to a surplus of admins who either don't care, or are pretty subpar. 

The second one is just an in general lack of care for reps. Whether it's a negative rep (which is the most detrimental when it has minimal feedback) or a positive rep (which really just shows lack of care to helping the person improve more). The mindset I've been taking on repping admin apps (up to and after I resigned) is to just neutral unless I am super heavily leaning towards one side, either +/-. But I always try to give meaningful feedback to help them improve. If other admins and players put a little more effort into their thought's behind repping, and their actual reps I believe we could see some serious change in the community.

I hope this brings up a discussion among admins (especially level 2's and 3's who are the most active and generally are the majority of reps).

also this thread was long in the making in my mind but I didn't post it yet.
I mean, you could say why not if you do not see a reason for the specific applicant to not be admin but reps should always be written in a pristine and clear manner. I have seen people use why not in a manner I see appropriate for a rep.

Maybe this starts a discussion for people agreeing and disagreeing
[Image: giphy.gif]
i personally dont see a problem with a ton of admins. aslong as they do their job who cares how many of them there are. its better to have alot of people trying to help the community become less toxic.
[Image: qES61l4.png]
[Image: z70Lqgc.png]
https://swoobles.com/forums/thread-11543.html

Ive already kinda made a thread on this. I agree with you that a lot of admins are subpar. And, as i think troopley brought up in the thread i just linked, it is the fault of reppers (i think he called out me and kieran).

The possible admin app system that yota has described in the past  is one i feel to be a good one. I think there should be specific qualities that you can pic from that are either positive or constructive criticism. You should be able to defend your rep with examples. +1ing someone isnt a right. And reps should be anonymous.
I would agree with luck.
But, let's look back at my admin application for a bit. I was hit with 2 -1's that included basically what you said. Ouchi then helped me then contracted their claims and said that it's still easy to report the admins. If they are unsure about a bunch of stuff [EDIT:: and that they are clearly not showing good enough rule knowledge even for a level 1,2, or 3] and acting out with toxicity, just report them. <-- Talks about first point.

About the 2nd point; there are a bunch of rules instilled in our minds about repping. I personally think that you are partially right and us, the admins, should take a little bit more care into repping applications. They're going to be the next generation of admins that carry on our duties. Why should we not allow them admin-ship without including a good rep that includes feedback in their application?