Server: Jailbreak

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $240.00

Date: May 7, 2019 - 10:34 am

jgfcool

Server: Jailbreak

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $40.00

Date: May 7, 2019 - 10:34 am

[SUGGESTION] disallow calling false orders kos

tldr: its really not all that useful, when it is useful really its an admin you need, it gets rid of really fun moments, it sets a dumb precedent, dumb order anyway when you should only be using it as a reaction

"false orders are kos" is big dumbo. every single warden says it. the following interaction happens almost every round

terrorist: *gives false order*

warden: "thats a false order, false orders are kos"

according to bw (i think in an ama post but i dont remember) this order is meant to be reactionary. i understand that this is a reaction but honestly its like a reflex. in my opinion the only scenario in which using this order doesnt go against the freedom of ts on mic unfairly is where so many ts are meme saying false orders its mic spam. and at the point its not a gameplay solution with an order that is necessary, its an admin.

i think an order like this sets a pretty retard precedent for giving wardens control of what ts say on mic.

besides, false orders are a cool part of rounds if ur a good mimicker. (fuck you luk lmao) one of my best/funniest/worst memories on jb was me fucking up because a t gave a well said false order.

how it is now they basically can be given once a round and then the warden remembers that he can go "false orders are kos". ive seem some wardens just randomly say "false orders are kos" with no apparent prompting. even if you think bw saying that somewhere isnt a rule just saying it out of the blue is just really dumb

and i almost exclusively play ct so you know im not biased cause this would make things easier for ts and harder for cts.
yeah i 100% agree false orders are fun if you either have a person good at making them or a retard like me hearing them you can get people to fall for them. and that's always fun to do
[Image: fd05358e1d922da850d025cf15797d0e.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I agree too, I want to make jim AMFK again.. It was funny hehe
no, this would be stupid. calling them KOS reduces chaos a lot of the time
(03-06-2019, 12:47 AM)Light Wrote: no, this would be stupid. calling them KOS reduces chaos a lot of the time

reducing chaos is not necessarily a good reason to keep something. rebelling feeds on chaos. as admins and people who play ct a lot we arent fans of it but chaos should be happening at least a few times a map.

its more fun for the t's that way.
Not even going to read any of this...

No. I'm not for limiting wardens power. Why would you want to disallow warden making something kos when it's a tactic ts use to kill off other ts that are typically new.
allowing the warden to call false orders kos essentially just makes it kos after one person gives one false order. giving an order like this should be at least be limited. people giving false orders hasnt been eliminated in any sense but its been fucked to the point of people not doing it anywhere near as much. why should giving false orders be treated like that? its not significant at all as far as seditious actions go. you may say that its not really treated like that its not active rebelling but wardens literally reflexively call false orders kos whenever they hear one.

and now responding to cookie:

how is killing of other ts a bad thing?? other ts are your competition for lr. its a tactical game why would we limit tactics for ts.

as for the typically new players point its valid but i dont think it matters that much. like yea false orders are more likely to mislead new people than experienced people but thats just a benefit that comes with experience. people who are new naturally do worse than people who arent thats not a bad thing. the game should have nuances. the warden isnt a god. isnt the whole point balancing jb ts with no guns and no rules vs cts with guns and rules?

limiting the wardens power is not a bad thing. in a 2 team game we should try to balance the power. we shouldnt be favoring orderly rounds when making gameplay rule decisions. order is the enemy as a prisoner. from an administrative point of view chaos is annoying but that doesnt mean we dont want it. as jb admins we need to separate our intuition of whats right as an admin from how the game itself actually operates. if we strive to maintain complete order in every round, the cts will always win. thats not what we want. our goal is a fun server for lots of players. not just a couple dudes on ct.
Gonna add onto this, There is a reason there is the 3 false orders and ur KOS. If wardens can just call them KOS after only 1 then there essentially is no point of having that rule imo.
Calling false orders is essential, it keeps the toxic people quiet and the round smooth.
[Image: EmTbmQo.gif]
[Image: 8468e263f4a266c46b9c6e1439bf79e5.png]
I dont understand why a smooth round is the goal.

If we have 0 of those hectic rounds where like 5 ts have guns and wardens are dying left and right in an entire map then the prisoners have failed.

We are admins not cts!