Please help donate to keep the website and database online.

$20.00 / $25.00

Click here to donate and get access to customize your forum name and profile.

Recent Donations

jgfcool

Server: Jailbreak

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $60.00

Date: Jul 15, 2019 - 11:27 am

bean saucé 

Server: Website

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $75.00

Date: Jul 13, 2019 - 11:21 am

Boobie boobington

Server: Bunny Hop

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $40.00

Date: Jul 12, 2019 - 11:39 am

Yota_Ninja 

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $2,879.44

Date: Jul 12, 2019 - 10:03 am

Jaydenツ

Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $20.00

Date: Jul 11, 2019 - 01:58 pm

jgfcool

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $60.00

Date: Jul 4, 2019 - 11:56 am

hype

Server: Minigames

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $580.00

Date: Jul 4, 2019 - 10:12 am

D4wGhosty

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $133.75

Date: Jul 4, 2019 - 10:11 am

Specta

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $760.00

Date: Jul 2, 2019 - 10:21 am

V2 p4rdox3

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $5.00

Date: Jun 28, 2019 - 06:16 pm

Zzuby

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $100.00

Date: Jun 28, 2019 - 02:04 am

Blue

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $10.00

Date: Jun 26, 2019 - 12:24 am

YEETMASTER 

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $25.00

Date: Jun 24, 2019 - 06:06 pm

BriskIcedTea

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $105.00

Date: Jun 23, 2019 - 10:28 am

MilkMan!GotMilk?

Server: Bunny Hop

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $25.00

Date: Jun 23, 2019 - 04:51 am

How to improve as an admin #2

Tell me how i can improve as an admin i would appreciate it a lot!

I know that i have already made a thread like this one before but i think i have improved on the feedback that i got

Have A Great Day!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Warden more. The best way to lesrn the nuances of jb rules is to experience them and put yourself in a position to lead the round and be the admin doing things. I dont see you doing that all that much. Hope this helps
Use commands more. 2 pages of just talking in admin chat
[Image: ovODlCne5B876.gif]
(01-13-2019, 07:39 PM)kinder egg Wrote: Use commands more. 2 pages of just talking in admin chat
That was all today so maybe there wasn't a need for him to use his commands in that time. I would suggest using admin chat less when it is not needed. There are plenty of other options that you could use that don't spam the forums: Regular csgo chat, Steam pm's or group chats, Discord, Skype, Oovoo, AOL instant messenger.
[Image: 8kdVDYR.png]
(01-13-2019, 08:18 PM)Spiderpman Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:39 PM)kinder egg Wrote: Use commands more. 2 pages of just talking in admin chat
That was all today so maybe there wasn't a need for him to use his commands in that time. I would suggest using admin chat less when it is not needed. There are plenty of other options that you could use that don't spam the forums: Regular csgo chat, Steam pm's or group chats, Discord, Skype, Oovoo, AOL instant messenger.

well its a strech to say that over 5 maps that no issues occurred
[Image: ovODlCne5B876.gif]
(01-13-2019, 08:34 PM)kinder egg Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 08:18 PM)Spiderpman Wrote:

well its a strech to say that over 5 maps that no issues occurred

I agree with kinder. Its easy to be an admin and not do anything. Usually you arent the only one on and someone else can deal with it. Part of my suggestion was getting to the forefront of the server. Being the primary admin online handling the server is a good goal to work towards, get started on it.
I'm not going to be speaking mainly towards you because I don't know you. But I can give some tips and Advice from past experience that I usually tell people.
Feel free to ignore if you don't want to read general suggestions

1) When being an admin, know that you signed up for it and it should never be a hassle. It's a privilege not a right.

2) Be a regular player, like everyone else, play the game. Don't always resort to using your powers.

3) Be extra familiar with the rules/punishment. This way when you do punish someone, you know what you're doing and you know what you're talking about. This way you can save your self from people saying abuse and what not.

4) Show your presence. Never let people walk over you. This usually happens when you're friendly with everyone and you let things pass that you're friends do. This way, everyone will be cool with you and think of "he'll let it slide" that's when it becomes a regular thing for others.

5) Always go the extra mile to help everyone out. Whether it's answering questions or guiding them through a process.

6) utilize your commands. I don't know how many commands you get here, but when I was an admin back 3-4 years ago we almost had all the commands. Don't just straight go to the worst punishment. Start little by little and work your way up to the severity.

7) You will encounter situations where you hold the final decisions. Remember, that you have the final say. Don't make rash decisions. Ofc with the decision and an explanation people will understand.
Hi, just stopping by to provide some insight I think could help you in your quest for level 3 and for being a successful admin on jailbreak. I've been stopping by on the forums and saw you're looking for some help so I'm here to provide some.

As a course admin doing his best to transition into a jailbreak admin, it will be challenging. Obviously there is a huge difference between being an admin on a game mode like course as opposed to a game mode like jailbreak. Most of the time things that happened are pretty clearly right or wrong and it is easy to know what you should/shouldn't enforce. A player is micspamming? Warn, mute, further action. A player is delaying? Warn, slay, further action. Almost all of the rule-breaking you had to deal with on course originated from someone with bad intentions.

Jailbreak is a different story. First of all, the rules are very complicated so it can be hard to initially recognize something as right or wrong. Getting comfortable with the rules will enhance your ability to initially recognize the situations where a rule has been broken. A lot of this comes with going through the threads, but some of it comes from asking questions and just having overall experience playing the game.

Once you get the rules down, and recognize someone broke a rule, there are several things to consider:

-The intentions of the player (if it can be determined)
-The experience of a player
-The severity of the incident
-The response of the player

Unlike course, it is very easy for a good intentioned player to do a bad thing. People accidentally freeshoot, people accidentally freekill, people forget a rule; stuff like that happens all the time. Less experienced players also are more frequent rule breakers as they haven't read all of the rules, and if they do, chances are not all of the information sticks to them. A lot of the time the severity of the incident also should be taken into account. A freeshot or a CT accidentally damaging a vent is way less impactful to the round than a mfk. Lastly, saome players own up to their mistakes and it is a good idea to try and reward that honesty.

What I'm trying to get at here is there is a time to enforce and there is a time to not enforce. It is better for server health to let some things go. If a player might not be experienced then try to help instead of enforce. If a player made a mistake (and maybe was honest about making it), maybe choose a less severe punishment or trust that they learned their lesson. If the incident wasn't as severe you can always choose leniency and use a warning instead of a slay. I'm not saying to not enforce at all. Once people become repeat offenders or someone is clearly out there to grief feel free to take action and be a little harsh about it. Just understand the best admins use critical thinking to determine whether they should go through with a punishment or not. A good admin can be both a teacher and an enforcer, while also being able to look through the perspective of the player.

Also, understand sometimes conflicts are resolved on their own. I've seen players respectfully discuss things after an incident which resulted in an apology and all things are good. Situations like those you don't need to butt into. Once things become heated or don't find a solution is when I'd suggest you should jump in and do something.

That being said, a lot of your criticisms are coming from your lack of command usage. I think your weakness might be that you aren't as comfortable with the rules as you'd like to be. A lot of that will come up with experience and reading the threads, but asking questions also will help you out. There is no shame in an admin privately messaging other admins for help or asking questions in the AMA.

Good luck!

I see u calling me out in shoutbox for my mistake Trim...
Bit late to the party. 

However read your app thoroughly, it should give a little incite into what’s missing, really work on what are been said, come back in 45 days ready to be a strong level 3 candidate, don’t give up hope.
[Image: tumblr_ouwd3rVvmL1twgfw0o1_r1_500.gif]
A lot of people are suggesting to use your commands more and you are getting most of your negative reps from the jailbreak server. Try to play more jailbreak and adapt more with the community and show yourself out there rather than being quiet. Also, I would suggest reading through the AMA a couple more times since that is always good for everyone. I don't know about course, but if you keep the improvements up, I'm sure you might make lvl 3 next time! Anyways good luck on your app!
[Image: giphy.gif]