Server: Website

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $125.00

Date: Jan 12, 2020 - 05:37 pm

Hotdoggy

Server: Bunny Hop

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $30.00

Date: Jan 12, 2020 - 06:17 am

Leaving pugs

In the past week, I have seen a large amount of people constantly switching in and out of games in a matter of 10 minutes. It's gotten so bad that at halftime I was the only original member of my team left. People literally make teams and when they lose the first few rounds they dip since there is a sub. The problem with this is that it makes teams extremely unbalanced when a potential first pick switches out for a last pick. This turns a potentially close game into a 16-0 slaughter. 

I think that we should have the rule for subs removed. thoughts?
[Image: ovODlCne5B876.gif]
No way

You can find another alternative but removing subs is not an option nor is it a wise one
 _  _   _____  ___  
| || | | ____|/ _ \
| || |_| |__ | | | |
|__   _|___ \| | | |
   | |  ___) | |_| |
   |_| |____/ \___/

just make a minimum of rounds that they have to play in before they sub.

ex. 10 rounds
kodak is the best rapper alive
Removing subs isn't the solution. An example for a solution though is say twix wanted to leave a pug (low skill player) and had lets say Burglar sub for him (a high skill player) that would make the teams completely different and probably unbalanced. That should not be allowed so maybe just make a rule saying no getting a sub with drastically better skill or worse skill than you. But there are some faults to that solution like if the player actually needed to leave etc. Not saying that is the perfect idea and right one but it's just something to throw out there.
Stop shitpost abuse 2k18 shitposting is great!
(08-12-2018, 06:37 PM)Divii Wrote: No way

You can find another alternative but removing subs is not an option nor is it a wise one
Well, what else do you suggest? If they come into a pug game they should stay till the end. 

(08-12-2018, 07:11 PM)nam Wrote: just make a minimum of rounds that they have to play in before they sub.

ex. 10 rounds
Still doesn't change the unbalanced teams.

(08-12-2018, 07:11 PM)Death Bowl Wrote: Removing subs isn't the solution.  An example for a solution though is say twix wanted to leave a pug (low skill player) and had lets say Burglar sub for him (a high skill player) that would make the teams completely different and probably unbalanced. That should not be allowed so maybe just make a rule saying no getting a sub with drastically better skill or worse skill than you. But there are some faults to that solution like if the player actually needed to leave etc. Not saying that is the perfect idea and right one but it's just something to throw out there.

Not a bad idea but how will this be decided though?
[Image: ovODlCne5B876.gif]
https://swoobles.com/forums/thread-11339.html

I still want to punish people who leave because they don't "feel like playing" anymore.
I agree and this is something I've been thinking about for a while. Leaving a pug should be a punishment in and of itself, perhaps the punishment should be lessened if you do find a sub. However, after one person switches out the integrity of the game is ruined, it makes me not care about playing the rest of the game out because it wasn't a game played based on the original members selected.

Drafting would have gone differently, knife round, etc. Just doesn't seem fair to anyone to leave because you don't feel like playing anymore.
I'd like to see a 3 strikes you're out rule implemented on pug.

If you leave a pug, you get a strike. A strike only lasts 30 days. If you get 3 strikes, you're blacklisted from pug for x amount of time. I'd say between 1-3 months would be good. Only problem I can see is recording strikes, maybe a 1 minute ban listing your current number of strikes.
Really Really badly need a RWS reset - relevant because there are standout players with lower RWS than newer players who get picked later and with An influx of new players 

As captains, I’ve seen a lot of rouge teams picked with hidden gem players dominating, leading to mass substations.

There’s my 2 cents.
[Image: tumblr_ouwd3rVvmL1twgfw0o1_r1_500.gif]
From all those suggestions, Nam's is probably the best one here.

Stop trying to add punishments and punish players! There are already punishments and clearly adding more nazi-esque rules will not help the situation, it won't even change it.

I honestly find the current situation just good enough. If there are subs available then the player(s) may leave.
But then if teams become unbalanced then the solution to that would be to go with my idea from this thread: https://swoobles.com/forums/thread-11722.html which obviously hasn't led to anything because [rant] this forum is useless when it comes to ideas being implemented and nothing ever gets done especially for threads like these that just end up as debate threads with no results at the end. [/rant]

Gl
 _  _   _____  ___  
| || | | ____|/ _ \
| || |_| |__ | | | |
|__   _|___ \| | | |
   | |  ___) | |_| |
   |_| |____/ \___/