Server: Minigames

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $585.00

Date: Aug 3, 2019 - 12:07 pm

jgfcool

Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $80.00

Date: Aug 3, 2019 - 11:38 am

[SUGGESTION] Suggestion for leaving pug

(04-17-2018, 03:43 PM)Chrono Wrote: Really taking the fun out of pug for this one.
We are playing a game here. If people don’t want to play they should be able to leave.

But I Think repeat “don’t want to play” leavers should definitely be punished if it’s a consistent thing - if they don’t want to play so bad why are they in pug?

Exactly, if you want to play a serious game go play MM or Faceit, yesterday I played one of my worst balanced games of my life in pug and it was seriously not fun at all, had there been a sub I would've 100% left but since there were none I had to stay. I believe that's how it should be, you can leave if a sub agrees to take your place or else play, I had to play and stay without any will although my teammate(s) were trolling and lost 16-1 or something like that (funny because the guy trolling at the last round decided to spinbot.. He got banned)
 _  _   _____  ___  
| || | | ____|/ _ \
| || |_| |__ | | | |
|__   _|___ \| | | |
   | |  ___) | |_| |
   |_| |____/ \___/

monster stop circlejerking, you were here since the start of swoobles pugging (back when we didn't even have a server) so you should know better than other people what it means to play on a 10man server where time and effort is involved in setting up a proper game
If people leave pugs consistently and ruin the balance/ruin the entire game for the other 9 people in the server then I believe they should be punished.

People also need to take pug a lot less seriously, a majority of the player base consists of lower skill level players, it's not ranked, its casual.
Although I do agree that when people leave pugs and ruin the balance should be punished, I also think people need to relax when they lose or get the shitty end of the unbalanced pugs. Some of the most fun pugs I've played have been horrible losses. Even if a rule is implemented I highly doubt it will stop people from leaving. "You can't leave for 'I don't want to play'", ok "I have to go byeee"

(04-16-2018, 10:05 PM)Divii Wrote: Otherwise if there is no one to replace the player and the player just rages or quits without good reasoning, then I agree with a punishable action. 
This is already a rule.
https://swoobles.com/forums/thread-10020.html
꧁꧂꧁꧂
Solution.

- Captain has a switch option that is activated when a player does !leave.

Option A

Player has to go for dinner.
Player genuinely has to go.
Player has a large error such as screen perma frozen

- Switch the player with a sub.

Option B

- I can’t play this.
-I don’t want to play.

Captain may only switch person if someone within .5 of their RWS is in the Subs.

If not they must endure the game.

2 commands that could alter the way we see pug.

Thoughts.
[Image: tumblr_ouwd3rVvmL1twgfw0o1_r1_500.gif]
Personally I don't think it will do anything.

My reasoning is that I still feel the punishment is not long enough, and requires more than just 2 hours, even on first offense.

I actually didn't even know that the rules had a increasing punishment, but that is probably because people don't repeatedly offense over short amounts of time and even if they do it will be hard to track unless admins/ responsible players that were on in the first pug are on again the the other pug.

Quote:My proposal: Anyone who just leaves and connects to any other Swoobles! server recieves a 2 hr ban. This discourages players from just leaving because they don't feel like it. I know players can just leave and reconnect to a different server, game, or just straight up leave, but its impossible to track and determine this. The idea isn't perfect, but it could potentially deter players from engaging in this habit.

Relating back to the original topic, I think this would be a good addition, and for this it would be fine to have 2 hour ban as it forces people to not play on our servers if they wanted to.
bye friends