Server: Website

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $105.00

Date: Oct 11, 2019 - 01:51 pm

Blue

Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $25.00

Date: Oct 10, 2019 - 07:57 pm

jailbreak rules and following them

I want to make it clearly say in the rules that the rules are the rules and to be followed exactly. You can not subjugate the rules, beside admin discretion on a case by case basis.

In example our rules expressly define contraband, what makes a contraband KOS (shooting, primary out, throwing nades to damage), how a CT asks a T to dispose of it, and how a T disposes of it. I think it should be absolutely against the rules to say "contraband is kos". You can never, in my opinion, KOS someone for having a contraband on their back, or a secondary/grenade in hand, unless you ask them to drop it by name, or have already asked them to drop it by name.

I might be mistaken but as far as I'm concerned "contraband is kos" doesn't change... anything about the round at all. It just makes bad CTs trigger happy.

This also applies to pretty much any situation where the CT asks "can I do this?" If the rules say you can't... warden can't give you permission (vent camping, playing games).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone think this is a bad idea? Does anyone actually act differently when a warden says contraband is kos or not? I just see it happen so frequently that I want to curb the habit, and protect the future. I want the server to be able to function the same when admins are not on, assuming everyone follows the rules. When admins aren't on do people call contraband kos and blast people for having guns unequipped? Do you see any other similar issues of warden giving CTs permissions rules disallow them, or giving orders they can't truly enforce?
[Image: gE35etN.gif]
I said it a lot at the start but I never acted on it, it’s used mainly as a deterrent from bringing contra out of cells. People USUALLY still give a count.
[Image: tumblr_ouwd3rVvmL1twgfw0o1_r1_500.gif]
(01-09-2018, 10:24 PM)Big Wet Wrote: I want to make it clearly say in the rules that the rules are the rules and to be followed exactly. You can not subjugate the rules, beside admin discretion on a case by case basis.

In example our rules expressly define contraband, what makes a contraband KOS (shooting, primary out, throwing nades to damage), how a CT asks a T to dispose of it, and how a T disposes of it. I think it should be absolutely against the rules to say "contraband is kos". You can never, in my opinion, KOS someone for having a contraband on their back, or a secondary/grenade in hand, unless you ask them to drop it by name, or have already asked them to drop it by name.

I might be mistaken but as far as I'm concerned "contraband is kos" doesn't change... anything about the round at all. It just makes bad CTs trigger happy.

This also applies to pretty much any situation where the CT asks "can I do this?" If the rules say you can't... warden can't give you permission (vent camping, playing games).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone think this is a bad idea? Does anyone actually act differently when a warden says contraband is kos or not? I just see it happen so frequently that I want to curb the habit, and protect the future. I want the server to be able to function the same when admins are not on, assuming everyone follows the rules. When admins aren't on do people call contraband kos and blast people for having guns unequipped? Do you see any other similar issues of warden giving CTs permissions rules disallow them, or giving orders they can't truly enforce?

Personally one of the only times I think a CT can ask "Can I do this?" is with a tazer and it's shoot versus throwing it away. And with Contra is KOS, I know a decent amount of people don't have auto switch on so how are they gonna know they even picked one up without naming them? Seems like a pretty clear cut case for "You HAVE to name the T who has a contra".
If you have a primary on your back, I think a ct should have to tell you (BY NAME) to drop it.
This phrase never really did anything for me because I was just as hesitant even if the warden didn't say Contraband is kos, so in my opinion it doesn't really change anything unless you have a ct thats shooting anyone that has a gun on their back without asking to drop it.
[Image: PwzGksc.png]
When a warden gave the order, "Contraband is KOS," it made me check if I had a contraband. If I did, I would drop it. I do agree that the order, "Contraband is KOS," is quite pointless and cause only problems.
[Image: CxJXLep.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Usually saying that order causes more freekills. If a T dies with a contract and another T picks it up, because they were standing next to said T, some CAT might just kill them because 'Contras are KOS'. We have had an influx of new players that are bad CTs, any order that is difficult they go full idiot and start killing whoever.
[Image: EmTbmQo.gif]
[Image: 8468e263f4a266c46b9c6e1439bf79e5.png]
I just think it should make sense to new players.

When everyone says contra is kos, what is a new player supposed to think? Even if they know the rules they can easily assume that it's 'allowed'. I'll raise it in the meeting, but I think we should actively be telling wardens they're saying a meaningless statement, and that "contraband is kos" doesn't change the rules.
[Image: gE35etN.gif]