Amount: $5.00 - Total: $130.00

Date: Sep 2, 2017 - 06:09 am

1Step2Short

Server: Course (US)

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $130.00

Date: Sep 2, 2017 - 06:06 am

MAJOR JB RULE CHANGES?!?!?!?

Hey girls,

It's time. It's been a long, a long time comin'.

Exact wording is up in the air, but we're going to imply freeze on all movement orders.

Discuss??
[Image: 6mmNZSq.gif]
Discuss? I thought this had already made it through...
[Image: 8HAhuzH.gif][Image: aiCHAKH.gif]
Already made my points, not in favor but will 100% adapt to the changes fully.
Ape and Retard
https://swoobles.com/forums/thread-10317.html
[Image: 8HAhuzH.gif][Image: aiCHAKH.gif]
It was 60-40 just wanted people to know we were proceeding ]:
Oh no... Sad Why we gotta do that..
[Image: lZ835o3.png]
Not sure how to adapt/respond to these rules. I guess I'll just see how I like them
"Freeze is implied on all orders that don't specify otherwise."

I feel like there is still too much ambiguity on the final wording of this rule. For example, it's pretty clear if I tell Ts to go to a paintball, they are supposed to freeze once they get there. But what about other orders? If Ts are ordered to follow warden and then a specific T is told to drop their weapon, do they drop the weapon and freeze on spot until re-ordered to follow warden? I would say a reasonable interpretation is that you freeze once you have completed the order, but this doesn't really work for all situations. If i say "All prisoners begin surf," do they freeze when the order is finished (after beginning?) or after they have finished the game, which was not mentioned in the order. You might say "Obviously you are supposed to freeze after you finish the game," which I would agree with, but the problem is that there is nothing in the wording of the rule that would lead you to this conclusion. I think it should be clarified to something like this.

"It is implied to freeze upon the completion of movement orders and/or finishing a game, unless declared otherwise by the warden"

This wording is much less ambiguous and doesn't include all orders outright so the safety net isn't too big.
(09-01-2017, 02:14 AM)Hymns For Disco Wrote: "Freeze is implied on all orders that don't specify otherwise."

I feel like there is still too much ambiguity on the final wording of this rule.  For example, it's pretty clear if I tell Ts to go to a paintball, they are supposed to freeze once they get there.  But what about other orders?  If Ts are ordered to follow warden and then a specific T is told to drop their weapon, do they drop the weapon and freeze on spot until re-ordered to follow warden?  I would say a reasonable interpretation is that you freeze once you have completed the order, but this doesn't really work for all situations.  If i say "All prisoners begin surf,"  do they freeze when the order is finished (after beginning?) or after they have finished the game, which was not mentioned in the order.  You might say "Obviously you are supposed to freeze after you finish the game," which I would agree with, but the problem is that there is nothing in the wording of the rule that would lead you to this conclusion.  I think it should be clarified to something like this.

"It is implied to freeze upon the completion of movement orders and/or finishing a game, unless declared otherwise by the warden"

This wording is much less ambiguous and doesn't include all orders outright so the safety net isn't too big.

I feel like you are really overthinking this, it all makes sense. If you ever feel the need to say "and then what?" You should be frozen. Finished a game? Freeze. Dropped a gun? Freeze. Went to a circle? Freeze. Got teleported out of something? Freeze. Basically anytime you used to be allowed to free roam you now freeze.
I agree with the thought, but it's an old way of thinking. I talked about that exact scenario with Russian. It'll happen a few times, but will we have to tell the same player repeatedly?

Warden gives orders. T's play games. Some things should be implied. I said it often with a couple rule changes back... sometimes wording can change, but other times we should tell players to not make the game so hard on themselves. The details have left me butI recall a free killing report where the player basically baited himself into dying. Stop falling on your own sword if you're going to whine about being cut.

I do think simply adding "movement" before order is good... because currently "All T's afk freeze... T's jump" one could quite easily argue they can jump once, then be frozen. Feels shitty for the warden.