Server: Pug

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $60.00

Date: Aug 1, 2017 - 05:18 pm

MLCn | Say Hi | Live on T

Server: Jailbreak (US)

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $25.00

Date: Jul 30, 2017 - 09:10 pm

Burdens beware!

The day of the burdensome player is over. Timed mutes and gags are back and the sm/sg/votesm plugin has been modified, so admins can now better deal with extremely toxic and repetitive spammers. The sm/sg/votesm plugin will now only mute or gag for the current map which means it behaves exactly like regular mute/gag but still lets each individual player make the final decision. The timed mute/gag plugin will allow a maximum of 15 days, which I think is plenty of time to let someone determine if they want to change their attitude or not. If someone is timed punished with 15 day durations over and over again, then they can be reported and have a longer or even permanent punishment applied. As an admins level increases so does the duration of their mutes/gags. Level 1 gets access to !votesm, level 2 gets access to a 3 day timed mute/gag, level 3 gets access to a 7 day timed mute/gag, and level 4 gets access to a 15 day timed mute/gag. I'm asking the admins to please punish according to the severity of the player in question without over punishing. I want the admins to remember they can still sm and sg the players they personally don't want to hear when nobody else is annoyed by said player (such as music when the majority still want to listen to it).

On a different note, I've been busy working on plugins that can help make the course, bhop, kz, and surf server's maps better. Some of the zone managers have been doing an awesome job fixing up the maps using those new tools. Also, the course server got a new respawn system which has been working out pretty great. Soon I will be removing the deathrun maps from the course server as well and moving them to the minigames server. My plan is to turn the minigames server into an all around fun server with minigame maps, deathrun maps, and a new prop hunt freeze tag mod.

Let's hope these changes will improve the servers and player base as they continue to be rolled out :>

https://i.imgur.com/q3oL5ic.png
+1

Fuck yeah, prop hunt!

Also, shout out to the following for their hard work with the map zoning and hooking:

boppin
monk
Tickle
[Image: 8HAhuzH.gif][Image: aiCHAKH.gif]
cool beans!
[Image: SJh7IrX.png]
Question: In what scenarios is a timed mute justified besides the usual ear rape? 

You suggest that it is when a majority deems that said person "annoying". What typical scenarios would that include?
lets go
(04-20-2017, 02:55 AM)Lucky Wrote: Question: In what scenarios is a timed mute justified besides the usual ear rape? 

You suggest that it is when a majority deems that said person "annoying". What typical scenarios would that include?

I think a great way to determine whether an "annoying" player deserves a timed mute/gag would be with a vote. It would be too difficult to otherwise gauge the communities view on certain players in game.
[Image: 8HAhuzH.gif][Image: aiCHAKH.gif]
Hey I did a couple minigames maps too!

Honestly good job guys and when I can play again I shall be happy with my mute, watch out froggo.
(04-20-2017, 02:55 AM)Lucky Wrote: Question: In what scenarios is a timed mute justified besides the usual ear rape? 

Ear rape, extreme toxicity, music in servers that shouldn't have it (like jailbreak) unless it's late night or something and nobody cares. Timed mutes really shouldn't be used until a player is known to be a frequent spammer though and has been votesm'd before. Use !votesm when you can since it will also open this page up for the person you votesm. Just don't be overly harsh, use your best judgement.
Thank you Striker! I've been waited for the return of mute and gag, though it's not what it used to be I'll take it.
awoo do not want
(04-20-2017, 03:08 AM)Cookie Wrote: Thank you Striker! I've been waited for the return of mute and gag, though it's not what it used to be I'll take it.

It should still work just as well. The reason I put limits at all is because a lot of times people would timed punish for such a long time and nobody would even remember (most of the time it was an accident from typing the command wrong). Then the player that got punished would show up months later asking why they were still muted for such a small offense. So, it's really just to prevent situations like that since they easily go unnoticed.