Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $120.00

Date: Sep 21, 2019 - 11:46 am

eVoMITcH

Server: Bunny Hop

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $50.00

Date: Sep 20, 2019 - 10:39 am

A Bhop Dream

Some of this will be a pipe dream but...
Here is a list of things I would like to see happen with bhop whether it's possible or not.
Feel free to post more ideas, I may add them to the list.
If you have a link for a plugin, or the ability to create plugins to address some of these issues, please do! We are always looking for things to improve the server.

-Replay bot:
This has always been an option we wanted, a few people even got close to producing something. Sadly this is not something we can just download and place on the server, it has to be built from scratch. Not to mention some HD space issues since we have so many styles, maps and skill servers.

-No footsteps: Thanks hlstriker
This has drove me insane lol, I would love to see an option to turn footsteps on and off at will. My goal would be to get this working similar to the "stopsound" command, only difference is that you still have the option to turn your own footsteps on and everyone else off. Or just turn all footsteps off. Smile (Getting rid of the landing sound might never happen)

-TAS style: Thanks Hymns For Disco
This is being worked on by Hymns For Disco.

-BHC semi automated:
I personally don't think BHC could ever be fully automatic but I don't see why BHC can't automatically ban a player after that player gets 100-200 perfect jumps in a row. This would cover the most aggressive and obvious cheats.

-Zone manager edit logs: Thanks hlstriker
I would like to see zone manager have a log file for anytime a zone is changed/saved. This would log the change made and last person who edited the zone. Also be nice if we could place a message on the screen to all zm's showing who last edited, example (Zzuby last edited this zone)

-Show keys:
Show what keys a player is using when spectating someone.

-Personal best:
Be able to bring up your personal best time for the current style your on. This could be in TAB scoreboard or in chat/console after using a !pb command. I don't recommend console due to some maps/styles spamming the hell out of it.

-Have all styles ranked:
Be nice to have all styles ranked (working on this)

-Long jump mode:
Be able to record and bring up long jump stats. This would be turned on with a command and would log long jumps with all the applicable stats, maybe even have some sort of leader board. Something to teach players how to long jump would be great.

-Clean up console:
Some styles fill up the console with spam if you use or spectate a person using a particular style. Some maps spam too but I'm not sure much can be done about that.

-Record times in demos: Thanks hlstriker
Sorting out why we hear records in a demo we view but never see any times in chat, so your left guessing who set the record.

-Check all zones: (Please do not touch current zones before talking to myself or bhop lead Hymns For Disco first!)
A lot of zones have small issues, not game breaking but could be fixed for consistency and appearance. Some zones show a start line others don't, some zones over hang letting you fall but still set a time, few maps could get stages. All small things but a lot of work needless to say lol. I am currently working on a list of maps checked and things that need fixing, if you would like to help we can work out some way to keep updated. Like a forum post or Discord room.

-Start zone speed:
Currently our start zone speed is all over the place, going from 250 to as high as 330 in some cases. All maps are going to need an agreed upon start speed. I was thinking 280 unless players thought different, we can also have a poll on this to get some input.

-Archive records:
A real pipe dream atm lol
This turned out a lot more difficult than it sounded. I have some ideas but still stuck on how to achieve this easily.

-Full record reset:
Unless players voted against it I would reset all records. A few things still need to happen before this can be done.

-Style/help:  by hotdoggy -Updated
A help readout, for specific styles would be a cool idea, where say for example you'd pick auto strafe, and itd auto tell you how to play the style, or even just making a /help menu that describes the styles. Also a sourcemod menu, that once you choose a style and select it it pops up, and shows maybe the top 3 map times in the style you've chosen, or #1 time with player name time #of jumps.

-The crown:
Borrowed from hlstrikers tfc server. A crown for the player/players that hold the current map record/records. I was thinking a badge on the crown for each style. So if a player has more than one style map record he would display both style symbols.
Not sure how this would interfere with store items though.

-Showtriggers:  by hotdoggy
Pretty self explanatory, a tool to let you see triggers/tps etc on bhop maps, can be very helpful. (Be nice if players had the option to turn them on or off)

-Fix valve timer:
Valves time left counter at the top of the screen is way off, you only get the correct time left from the !timeleft command. I would like to sync these.

-Get rid of all types of grenades:
There is no use for them on bhop aside from bugging other players, I would love to remove them totally.

-Live player watch list:
This would basically be like the forum watch list but live. It would warn admins on screen of a connecting player that's on the watch list and let admins know why this player is being watched. Admins could also add/remove players ingame.

-NoLife badges/counter:  by quarter
When you become no life theres nothing really left to do other than beat records and some say thats boring and they missed trying to beat maps to try and get to the next rank, so I was thinking there should be like a prestige system like call of duty or kind of life csgo, you reach level 40 and you get a badge but instead of a badge you get a star or a symbol or even just a number next to your name it resets your rank back to newb and you work your way back up to nolife again and if possible prestige rewards like you have to option to skip to rookie or pick pick a map of your choosing and make it nextmap vip for a month stuff like that simple but cool. (Not sure skipping levels can be done but I like the counter idea in general)

-Competition plugin:
In order to have a bhop competition we would need a plugin to log times or record times apart from our current record pages.

-XP:
Find some use for XP. I have no clue atm lol.
Too much is too much, and that's too much.
[-] The following 6 users Like  Zzuby  Zzuby  Zzuby 's post:
  • Authrec, Boop, Grilled Mayonaise, Hysterix, Rush3r, Spiderpman
Showtriggers: Idk how I feel about tps being shown. On course I'm used to any trigger shown always being a push trigger, but if they look different, I'm sure showing tps would be better. (btw, course already has /showtriggers just in case that makes things easier and you weren't already aware.)

Live player watchlist: I like the idea. Also if it's at all possible, maybe something like that where you can use a command like /see_mutes (playername) to see the # of map mutes that person has received and when they were.

XP: Maybe every time you level up, you get a certain amount of points. Obviously, you'd get more points for reaching level 10 than you would for reaching 2 (maybe it could be based off of x points per y xp the level takes). Jailbreak already has something where you can get more points for doing something in-game, and 1v1 may be getting a point or points for kill bonus. Retake and pug could get round win bonuses, and every server except for mg and kz would have some sort of point bonus for playing and doing well.
[Image: 8kdVDYR.png]
I'd like to add in, a sourcemod menu, that once you choose a style and select it it pops up, and shows maybe the top 3 map times in the style you've chosen, or #1 time with player name time #of jumps. Also in reference to points already made, yes yes yes please. 280 is perfect for pre, because then players that prestrafe have no disadvantage. Love the longjump stat idea, you could steal the kzstats jumpstat plugin, and have it toggled on and off with !jumpstats and have a !jumptop for highest lj, bhop, multibhop, wierd jump, and drop bhop. I'd be interested in seeing what stats would be like on 102. If you cant find this plugin somewhere, I'd recommend searching for hns or kz plugins, as there HAS to be one somewhere online. That could at least be used for reference. Join any hns server or kz server and lj, it's really a perfect plugin, clean and easy to use. As for others not mentioned, they're great ideas as well, however the biggest thing I want to push for, zone managment(consistency and logging of zones), record reset, and show triggers. A record reset would do some serious good for the server, zone consistency simply makes the server better, and show triggers, is a valuable tool to speedruning a multitude of maps, as well as could be useful in the zoning process to blocking out skips that make maps too easy or ruin maps.(edit- fairly certain the kzstats plugins have a show keys thing as well)
[-] The following 1 user Likes hotdoggy's post:
  • Hysterix
For PB I was thinking we could get a hud element to display your PB and the WR.
[Image: uoQoASO.png]
[Image: l12Ca6q.png]
(08-10-2019, 11:31 PM)Authrec Wrote: For PB I was thinking we could get a hud element to display your PB and the WR.
Unlikely due to the panorama uI stuff and broken html. However it could be placed in a sourcemod menu like how I wanted map recs to show up in a menu
(08-11-2019, 05:32 AM)hotdoggy Wrote:
(08-10-2019, 11:31 PM)Authrec Wrote: For PB I was thinking we could get a hud element to display your PB and the WR.
Unlikely due to the panorama uI stuff and broken html. However it could be placed in a sourcemod menu like how I wanted map recs to show up in a menu

The method that is used in the image I linked still works i've seen it on other servers and we have a similar hud element with !speclist
[Image: uoQoASO.png]
[Image: l12Ca6q.png]
I've been pretty occupied lately this summer, just graduated high school so I'm trying to spend time with friends who are going away to school soon, enjoying the good weather etc.

I'll read through this now, I think my first priority will be TAS style since I see that as the best reward vs time right now
[-] The following 1 user Likes  Hymns For Disco 's post:
  • hotdoggy
i said something about the auto ban bot. my idea is that its basically impossible for a player to get like 20+ perfs in a row with a 1 input. i dont think it would be to hard to link a bot to automatically check every player in the servers bhc and check those inputs. couldnt base it off speed because of ramps and boosts. tho
[Image: bk6KKeZ.png]
(08-11-2019, 04:00 PM)Authrec Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 05:32 AM)hotdoggy Wrote:

The method that is used in the image I linked still works i've seen it on other servers and we have a similar hud element with !speclist
My apologies I completely missed the image. I've seen that as well and have wanted that for map wr .
(08-12-2019, 02:05 AM)luck Wrote: i said something about the auto ban bot. my idea is that its basically impossible for a player to get like 20+ perfs in a row with a 1 input. i dont think it would be to hard to link a bot to automatically check every player in the servers bhc and check those inputs. couldnt base it off speed because of ramps and boosts. tho
We could also make bhc deliver a notif to admins when people hit a lot of hops with 1-2 inputs or they go over say 75% perf rate (before you all say I can hit 75% bhc on bhop now goes by 40 jumps instead of the 20) when Woke made his hns server, I actually helped in testing with the dev using our bhc as a base in making their bhc that delivered messages to the server giving warnings to players that were scripting or macroing. 3 strikes, and then theyd get auto banned.