Server: Course

Amount: $5.00 - Total: $10.00

Date: Sep 5, 2019 - 02:25 am

Yoblana 

Server: Website

Amount: $10.00 - Total: $20.00

Date: Sep 4, 2019 - 01:55 pm

[SUGGESTION] Pistols

I love playing retake and it would be awesome to have pistol rounds and change your pistol during gun rounds.
totally agree I sometimes play retake if there are players on and pistols who be amazing.
Stop shitpost abuse 2k18 shitposting is great!
The plugin needs to be adjusted. It has a pistol round option, but imo it was killing the server and wasn't any fun for people. Plus it lasted like the first 5 or 6 rounds of the map.
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: LKC06gu.png]
(07-28-2018, 12:33 PM)Yota_Ninja Wrote: The plugin needs to be adjusted. It has a pistol round option, but imo it was killing the server and wasn't any fun for people. Plus it lasted like the first 5 or 6 rounds of the map.

I seriously doubt pistol rounds kill the server (let's be honest swbs retake is already a bit dead), it's a great shift to the constant gun rounds.
But the most important issue is that you cannot choose your pistols and as a guy who loves to deagle (1v1 and pug warm-ups) that sucks ass.
If there isn't the option to configure the plugin to choose pistols then honestly please put another one, there are plenty of amazing ones out there with much more varieties from what I remember.
 _  _   _____  ___  
| || | | ____|/ _ \
| || |_| |__ | | | |
|__   _|___ \| | | |
   | |  ___) | |_| |
   |_| |____/ \___/

(07-28-2018, 05:39 PM)Divii Wrote: there are plenty of amazing ones out there with much more varieties from what I remember.

source
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: LKC06gu.png]
(07-28-2018, 05:41 PM)Yota_Ninja Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 05:39 PM)Divii Wrote: there are plenty of amazing ones out there with much more varieties from what I remember.

source

Hmmm, so I searched for the ones I had in mind but I guess they were all custom coded.

Option 1) I did though find another plugin that is based on splewis's one so it should be fairly similar but I don't think it's worth replacing it with splewis's. (Although this one has a more forgiving/lenient pistol configuration) https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=251829

Option 2) But in this situation, I think what would be just better would be to add this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=294225
This will work and override it because and I quote from splewis's thread :
"How are weapons distributed?
The short story is that very basic things are given by default, but another plugin can override it easily."
It doesn't seem to be greatly coded though.

Option 3) But ultimately, your best bet is that you can use the alternative splewis retake which enables pistol rounds that has numerous convars to make it perfect to play: https://github.com/BatMen/csgo-retakes-s...-allocator

I'll put in the spoiler what I believe would be the best convars to portray the best possible experience in the server 

sm_retakes_weapon_pistolrounds 1

sm_retakes_weapon_pistolrounds 5

sm_retakes_weapon_mimic_competitive_pistol_rounds 0

sm_retakes_weapon_primary_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_allow_nades_on_pistol_rounds 1

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_hegrenade_ct_max 2

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_hegrenade_t_max 2

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_flashbang_ct_max 2

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_flashbang_t_max 2

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_smokegrenade_ct_max 2

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_smokegrenade_t_max 2

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_molotov_ct_max 1

sm_retakes_weapon_nades_molotov_t_max 1

sm_retakes_weapon_helmet_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_kevlar_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_awp_team_max 1

sm_retakes_weapon_deagle_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_r8_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_cz_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_p250_enabled 1

sm_retakes_weapon_tec9_fiveseven_enabled 1

sm_retakes_kevlar_probability_on_competitive_pistol_rounds 6

sm_retakes_defusekit_probability_on_competitive_pistol_rounds 6

sm_retakes_kev_kit_nad_priority_on_comp_pistol_rounds_kev 1

sm_retakes_kev_kit_nad_priority_on_comp_pistol_rounds_kit 2

sm_retakes_kev_kit_nad_priority_on_comp_pistol_rounds_nad 3

Now that should be enough to have a very balanced and distributed gameplay in the server, but I'm still not done yet.

Option 4) Another great gamemode that is very similar to retakes is called Executes: https://github.com/splewis/csgo-executes (or once again ofir's version https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=287710)  

If you don't know what Executes is, it's a better version of retakes where it spawns the T players at certain spots and makes an execute into the bombsite. Often there are fakes and the CT's are placed at both sites, portraying very well a real game. It is very fun and more challenging. 

"Explanation:

At the start of the round each player get random spawn (set by an admin) in the map, ct have spawns for all the executes (5 is recommended) and the terrorist will spawn depends on the execute, when the freeztime ends the bot will throw the execute smokes and the terrorist will try to win the round.

Grenades are automatically thrown for the T players and the rounds plays out the way counter-strike plays. The game goes through pistol rounds, forcebuy/lowbuy rounds, then standard gun rounds. Players can use the 
guns
 menu to select some preferences: whether they want to have an AWP, which M4 to use, and what site they prefer to play on the CT side.

When a T team wins a round, the players typically move to CT. The goal is the defend off the executes and stay on CT."

So those are the options I found to be best... but also, I think I have a great idea that would really work well for swoobles. I'd like to talk to you about it in private (steam/discord).

Edit: Formatting
 _  _   _____  ___  
| || | | ____|/ _ \
| || |_| |__ | | | |
|__   _|___ \| | | |
   | |  ___) | |_| |
   |_| |____/ \___/

I think executes should be another server because both are great, I didn’t check out the links to the plugins but I believe the best thing to do is switch maps from 10 mins to 30 rounds and make the first 10 pistol rounds if possible.