Swoobles Forums

Full Version: Steam Profile Background-Showcase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone.

I'm making a short tutorial on how to do a ''Background Showcase'' on your Steam Profil (Need to be atleast level 10 on Steam to make this).
What's a ''Background Showcase'' and why am I doing this tutorial? Well, I'm doing this tutorial for the only good reason that many players keep asking me how I did mine. Here's the final result of a ''Background Showcase''.

Example:
[Image: Y8MmyBw.jpg?1]

Follow all those steps and the screenshots (Must be Level-10 or higher to make a Background Showcase)

Step 1:

- Choose and find a background that you own in your Steam Inventory
- Press ''View Full Size''
- Then copy (ctrl+c) the Internet ''URL''

[Image: VYAH2bw.png]

Click here:
[Image: 6f7XvnV.png?1]

Step 2:

- Go on this website: https://sapic.github.io/
- Copy/Past the full background URL link (ctrl+v) and press on ''Change BG''
- Click ''Download all Images''

[Image: Df8VCTX.png]

Past here and click ''Change BG'':
[Image: p0XukhO.png?1]

Download Images:
[Image: N3a8iSn.jpg?1]

Step 3:

- Find the downloaded folder and drag it on your desktop
- Right click on the folder, then click ''Extract Files'' (Extract Files where you want on your computer)
- Open the folder and copy/past all the images renamed ''artwork_'' (Drag or copy/past the ''artworks images'' doesn't really matter.)

Extract Files:
[Image: CJyjQbh.jpg?1]

Select all the ''artworks'' images and drag them on your desktop:
[Image: 2cXbNLj.jpg?2]

Step 4:

- Find a random Steam game ''Home Page''
- Click on ''Community Hub''
- Click on ''Artwork''
- Press ''Upload Artwork''

Random Steam Game Home Page:
[Image: DAgJQfm.png]

Click ''Community Hub'':
[Image: PyPr401.png?1]

Click ''Artwork'':
[Image: AT1wKVI.png?2]

Click ''Upload Artwork'':
[Image: sk3auk8.png?1]

Step 5:

- Once you clicked ''Upload Artwork'' from the Step 4), complete the ''Upload Artwork'' page four times (4x) for every single ''artwork_'' images on your desktop. (Follow the next two screens if you need an example)
- When you are done with uploading all the four images (by repeating the step4 for all images) click on ''Save Artwork to my profil'' and exit the page 

Screen 1:
[Image: oo4ODkk.png?1]

Screen 2:
[Image: 2yzRuRA.png?1]

Step 6:

- Go on your Steam Profil
- Click ''Edit Profil''
- Change for the good background
- Scroll down and find ''Showcase''
- Click on it and find ''Artwork Showcase''
- Select all the good images and place them at the good place to make them fit

Artwork Showcase: 
[Image: mn30GL7.png?1]

Select and place all the good images and make them fit:
[Image: q59E58L.png?2]

Once you have the good background seted and all the artworks selected in place, Save and ENJOY the final result. 

FINAL RESULT:

[Image: YI8oIwE.jpg?1]

Thank you guys for taking the time to read my tutorial. If you have any question or any problems with steps because I was unclear, ask me anything and I'll reply as soon as possible. Thank You  Heart

Youtube Tutorial (If needed) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKbMdF4EEB8 - By ''Genius Pie Trap''.
Pretty cool tutorial :> I figured everyone was manually cropping all those images.
(02-12-2016, 12:41 AM)hlstriker Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool tutorial :> I figured everyone was manually cropping all those images.

I do that :/
Nice tutorial!
1351 notifications fucking wtf
(02-12-2016, 01:05 AM)Yota_Ninja Wrote: [ -> ]1351 notifications fucking wtf

Festive spamming me the hard "n" 1351 times.
Kappa
(02-12-2016, 01:15 AM)TrippiN Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2016, 01:05 AM)Yota_Ninja Wrote: [ -> ]1351 notifications fucking wtf

Festive spamming me the hard "n" 1351 times.
Kappa

Good thing I check these fucking threads so I can call bullshit!
I've done this before but i am never satisfied because most of the backgrounds aren't nice enough to display like this.
do you have any suggestions? and im not about to pay 20$ to get a decent background either :>
you have a huniepop background lol
(02-12-2016, 01:48 AM)aman Wrote: [ -> ]I've done this before but i am never satisfied because most of the backgrounds aren't nice enough to display like this.
do you have any suggestions? and im not about to pay 20$ to get a decent background either :>

Here's a Background Viewer with market link and prices.
https://www.steamcardexchange.net/index....iewer-6419

You'll find a good cheap one :> gl
(02-12-2016, 12:41 AM)hlstriker Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty cool tutorial :> I figured everyone was manually cropping all those images.

Thank You! :]
Pages: 1 2