Swoobles Forums

Full Version: Cant download maps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cant download a map? With this simple tutorial you will be able to.

1st step: Join a server of your choice, wait on it to try to download the map.

2nd step: Open up console by hitting tilde. "~"

3rd step: Look in the console you will see the link of the map the game tried to download (maps file extension is .bsp).

4th step: Highlight the link hit control + c. Then go onto your choice of browsers and in the url section hit control + v (make sure there isn't a period at the end of the link). Then hit enter.

5th step: Place the .bsp file here. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps

Congrats you have now downloaded the map you could not before.
Are there problems with maps being downloaded?
Nah i know macs have issues downloading csgo maps. A couple people told me they could not download it.
Alright just making sure.
i have the problem were when i try to join it says couldnt CRC map.
i dont know if i need to do this but could i get some help??
Try reinstalling steam?
(03-09-2013, 01:47 PM)GameBriefTv Wrote: [ -> ]i have the problem were when i try to join it says couldnt CRC map.
i dont know if i need to do this but could i get some help??

Try going to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\maps" and deleting the map that's failing to CRC. Then rejoin the server and let the map redownload.
(03-09-2013, 05:26 AM)HairOnMyBwnage Wrote: [ -> ]Nah i know macs have issues downloading csgo maps. A couple people told me they could not download it.

Yes, this is true, because I have one and its the same problem. HOWEVER, when I put in the fastdl or download url it says I dont have permission to go to this page... The url is a complete copy and nothing is worded wrong, but the site is denying access for me. I would love the maps because I always hate having to play on sG JB cause they kinda stink....
(09-14-2014, 08:49 PM)Vinyl Storm Striker Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this is true, because I have one and its the same problem. HOWEVER, when I put in the fastdl or download url it says I dont have permission to go to this page... The url is a complete copy and nothing is worded wrong, but the site is denying access for me. I would love the maps because I always hate having to play on sG JB cause they kinda stink....

You didn't add the period at the end of the link by chance did you? Because pasting the link into a browser should be working.
I play on mac and I have the same problem, cannot download the map. Need help to fix it PLS <3
Pages: 1 2