Swoobles Forums

Full Version: CS:GO Buy Binds (Very Informational)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody, Yota_Ninja here and today I am going to be bringing you a tutorial on making binds for purchasing weapons.

You may be wondering what use this is, or why anyone would want something like this. Well it's simple really. Whether you enjoy playing competitive, or if you just enjoy playing on casual servers, buy binds can ultimately speed up your purchasing time, and possibly give you an advantage over your opponents. The ease of hitting one to two buttons to grab exactly what you need, and then getting out of spawn can be the difference between life and death.

So, for todays tutorial, we will be using the number pad on your keyboard. I will refer to it as your "numpad" for short. So your numpad should look something similar to this:

[Image: 2ZKkq7w.png]

This is the most common numpad setup. Of course there are many variations, and it differs depending on what keyboard you have, or if you're on a laptop, but all the binds will work the same.

Alright, so right here, we have an example of a buy bind script that I am currently using. You'll notice in the script, there are some other settings I have. We will go over those in a moment.

Code:
// Aliases (Abbreviations for weapon combinations)
alias "m4a1/ak47" "buy m4a1; buy ak47"
alias "aug/sg556" "buy aug; buy sg556"
alias "galilar/famas" "buy galilar; buy famas"
alias "g3sg1/scar20" "buy g3sg1; buy scar20"
alias "vesthelm/vest" "buy vesthelm; buy vest"
alias "incgrenade/molotov" "buy incgrenade; buy molotov"

// Key bindings (Aliases are used here)
bind "KP_SLASH" "buy flashbang"
bind "KP_MULTIPLY" "buy smokegrenade"
bind "KP_MINUS" "incgrenade/molotov"
bind "KP_HOME" "buy ssg08"
bind "KP_UPARROW" "buy awp"
bind "KP_PGUP" "g3sg1/scar20"
bind "KP_LEFTARROW" "galilar/famas"
bind "KP_5" "m4a1/ak47"
bind "KP_RIGHTARROW" "aug/sg556"
bind "KP_END" "buy fn57"
bind "KP_DOWNARROW" "buy p250"
bind "KP_PGDN" "buy p90"
bind "KP_INS" ""
bind "KP_DEL" "buy decoy"
bind "KP_PLUS" "buy hegrenade"
bind "KP_ENTER" "vesthelm/vest; buy defuser"

bind "F1" "vesthelm/vest; galilar/famas; buy fn57; buy hegrenade"
bind "F2" "vesthelm/vest; m4a1/ak47; buy fn57; buy hegrenade"
bind "F3" "vesthelm/vest; buy awp; buy fn57; buy hegrenade"

host_writeconfig

echo
echo  [autoexec.cfg executed successfully]
echo

This script right here will give you these binds that I have listed on this picture. There are a couple extra binds in there as well that I do not have listed , on the F1, F2, and F3 keys.
[Image: tVQ2rL8.png]

So now we have the basics out of the way, and if all you wanted were some simple binds, you're almost done. You can take that text and copy/paste it into a notepad document. From there, you have a couple options of what you can do. What I prefer to do, is save the file as autoexec.cfg and then place it in my steam folder. The folder you need to place the file in should be located at:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
That may differ if you use multiple hard drives, like myself. Anyhow, you can copy and paste that into your config (cfg) folder. Now, if it asks you to overwrite the current autoexec.cfg DO NOT DO THIS. Do not overwrite. If it asks you to do that, say cancel. Save the document as binds.cfg (or whatever is easiest for you) and then proceed into the folder where the autoexec.cfg file is.

Open that file, and take note of what is in there. Now, this is the part that I was mentioning that you have a couple choices of what you can do. You can either copy the contents of your binds.cfg file, and paste it into your autoexec.cfg file, or you can leave it as binds.cfg, and place it in the config (cfg) folder. If you choose the second option, when you start steam you will need to open the console and type in
Code:
exec binds.cfg
for it to work.

Okay, so now we can start going over some of these commands, to make sure you fully understand them.
Alias
alias "m4a1/ak47" "buy m4a1; buy ak47"
What this command does, in layman's terms, is provides you with "shortcuts" per-say. What I mean by that, is that in this example, we are telling steam that when you type in "m4a1/ak47" you want it to purchase either an m4a1 or an ak47.
Why is this useful? Easy. It allows you to bind 2 weapons to one button, where each weapon can only be purchased on one team.
How does it work? In the above example, we can bind the m4a1/ak47 alias to a button, such as bind "KP_5" "m4a1/ak47" Now, when you push the assigned button, it will purchase said weapon, even though we didn't type "buy ..." etc.
This free's up some space, and it makes it easier to bind things. Instead of typing "buy m4a1; buy ak47" we only need to type our alias in.

host_writeconfig
This line isn't entirely necessary, however I included it for myself. What this command does, is writes this config to your currently running config.cfg

bind
This command will bind commands to a key. Such as buy, say, kill... plus many, many more.

buy
This is self explanatory.

So, near the end of my config, you'll notice these three lines of text:
Code:
bind "F1" "vesthelm/vest; galilar/famas; buy fn57; buy hegrenade"
bind "F2" "vesthelm/vest; m4a1/ak47; buy fn57; buy hegrenade"
bind "F3" "vesthelm/vest; buy awp; buy fn57; buy hegrenade"
What I have done here, is included multiple items to be purchased with the press of one button. If I am on CT and I push F1, I will receive a Famas, Armor, Fiveseven, and HE grenade. This is very useful, and it demonstrates very well the use of alias's along with buy commands. Take special note of this.

Here is a link to the code i have just uploaded to pastebin Buy Bind.

These are the key's and their corresponding values.

/ KP_SLASH
* KP_MULTIPLY
- KP_MINUS
+ KP_PLUS
. KP_DEL
0 KP_INS
1 KP_END
2 KP_DOWNARROW
3 KP_PGDN
4 KP_LEFTARROW
5 KP_5
6 KP_RIGHTARROW
7 KP_HOME
8 KP_UPARROW
9 KP_PGUP
Enter KP_ENTER

These are the weapons and their aliases in parenthesis.

Rifles

Scout (ssg08)
Galil (galilar)
Famas (famas)
SG550 (sg556)
AUG (aug)
M4 (m4a1)
AK47 (ak47)
T Auto Sniper (g3sg1)
CT Auto Sniper (scar20)
AWP (awp)

SMGs

Mac 10 (mac10)
UMP (ump45)
P90 (p90)
Bizon (bizon)
MP7 (mp7)
MP9 (mp9)

Heavy

Auto Shotgun (xm1014)
Mag7 (mag7)
Sawed Off Shotgun (sawedoff)
Nova Shotgun (nova)
M249 (m249)
Negev (negev)

Pistols

228 Compact (p228)
Glock (glock)
Dual Elites (elite)
Five Seven (fn57)
Desert Eagle (deagle)
Tec9 (tec9)
HKP2000 (hkp2000)
P250 (p250)

Grenades & Gear

Incendiary Grenade (incgrenade)
Flashbang (flashbang)
Smoke (smokegrenade)
HE Grenade (hegrenade)
Molotov (molotov)
Decoy (decoy)
Kevlar (kevlar)
Kevlar+Helmet (vesthelm)
Zeus x27 (taser)
Defuse Kit (defuser)

Really, there isn't much more to explain. If you want, you can take this config and use it however you like. Edit it to your specifications.

If there is anything I forgot, or if you have any questions or suggestions, please leave them in the comments below. If you really enjoyed this tutorial, please go on my profile here, and on cs:go and give me some +rep. I would really appreciate it.
Great tutorial Yota, looking forward to try this the next time I play casual as I usually take a lot of time in the buy menu!
Very nice tutorial! This should help a lot of players :>
(05-27-2014, 08:05 PM)oshinobu Wrote: [ -> ]Great tutorial Yota, looking forward to try this the next time I play casual as I usually take a lot of time in the buy menu!

You play casual but not comp :O
(05-27-2014, 08:05 PM)oshinobu Wrote: [ -> ]Great tutorial Yota, looking forward to try this the next time I play casual as I usually take a lot of time in the buy menu!

(05-27-2014, 08:23 PM)hlstriker Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice tutorial! This should help a lot of players :>

Thank you guys. I just updated it with some more info I noticed I left out. I'll update it later on with an easier method (thanks Striker) for putting this in your cs:go folder.
nice tut, it is indeed really annoying when people take forever to buy.

What i wanna know is why alot of pro players don't use binds, is it because the league doesn't allow it?
Very nice, thank you!
I didn't read it, but it looks well thought out. +1 (I didn't read because I don't have numpad)
I buy just as fast or faster than most pro players, but I use my mouse. I've memorized where all the items are and can buy a full buy in less than 2 seconds.

Not trying to sound like a cocky prick but I just never understood the point of binds. I guess that's just my personal preference.
(05-05-2015, 01:18 PM)Jack Ripper Wrote: [ -> ]I buy just as fast or faster than most pro players, but I use my mouse. I've memorized where all the items are and can buy a full buy in less than 2 seconds.

Not trying to sound like a cocky prick but I just never understood the point of binds. I guess that's just my personal preference.

Memorize the weapon numbers and you can buy in less than a second by mashing your keys!
Pages: 1 2