Swoobles Forums

Full Version: Reorganizing the maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think blahhh_go, de_bikinibottom, and probably some others that I just haven't played yet should be group with the other rats maps.

These are all maps that have a similar theme, being the usual csgo plant the bomb gameplay. Other maps like issac_rebirth could have an argument for this too.

This would help with map visibility as the minigames and multigames lists are FILLED, while rats isn't. If we want to do this type of thing, I can check what other maps I think should be added.

These maps also tend to kill the server, and so this could potentially allow some programming to enhance the system where you can't play the same map type multiple times in a row, except exaggerated even moreso for this type of map.
Sounds like a good idea
I agree, these map are loved by some but mostly hated by the majority and making them in the rats group would make the cycling of the map longer which would be great and we wouldn’t lose a map
Honestly those type of defusal maps are just not minigames at all; they imo have no place there, I played those, I enjoyed them (I liked how bikini bottom was a relatively small map) but they'd be better off in the Pug server LOL (Honestly that'd be the fucking shit yo make it happen)
(04-12-2018, 04:38 AM)Divii Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly those type of defusal maps are just not minigames at all; they imo have no place there, I played those, I enjoyed them (I liked how bikini bottom was a relatively small map) but they'd be better off in the Pug server LOL (Honestly that'd be the fucking shit yo make it happen)

It would be cool if those maps were on pug, they are more casual and bring a more fun enviroment, but they have been a staple of the mg map rotation (especially the two rats maps) for a really long time and don't really have a place anywhere else. Maybe we could talk to monk about it and see what he thinks.

In all honestly those maps are also my favorite in comparison to the actual mg maps, but I see that they may not be what people are looking for in an mg server.
now that I have decided not to be lazy and actually do what I said I would do, here is what I think should be added to the renamed rats (battle?) category.

issac_rebirth_s1
de_bikinibottom
blahhh_go
all of the tower category maps except supertower (explained later)
jeepathon2k_4jeeps (i think should be removed honestly)
mg_bhopbattle_ag (?) (also should be removed)
mg_fun_matrix_trilogie_rc2
de_rbg_final (should be removed, noone plays it and it doesn't look like the map to gain interest)
mg_bombardment_v1 (god map og fuck me dude im happy i found this one)
mg_fun_knife_csgo_v2 (should be removed)
mg_oaks_cruiseship_v2_go
mg_rock_base_beta (looks interesting with a lot of people)
mg_viking_warfare_fix1 (should be removed)
starwars_s (if jeepathon gets removed this DEFINITELY should get removed, basically the same thing but worse)
should be in minigames category
mg_supertower_v4
should be in multigames category
mg_football_csgo_v2 (also I don't think its set up correctly, the queue is not in place, nor the teleporter or whatever is not there, just auto-chose for me)
mg_weapon_case_arenas_v1

My criteria for the bulk of this that if the game does not differentiate itself from regular csgo battles enough, it should be in the battle section. For example, super is a “minigame” because it adds a new element to the game that isn’t just straight battling. Matrix_trilogie, while it does have multiple games, each of them are still just about battling, just with different maps.

There are a number of maps that I think should also be removed, especially among the multigames, but that is for another time.

Hope this helps mg a bit.