Big Server Updates!

Today we have a few exciting updates we are proud to bring to the community!

As you probably already know our server has been upgraded from a 100 Mbit port to a 1000 Mbit port. This means our servers will be a lot harder to take down due to DDoS attacks and we can transfer a lot more data at once. The downside to this is the price increased by $30 each month, but hopefully it is well worth the cost.

We also have a new system in place that will allow any user to download previous game-play demos. You will see a player in each server spectating called "Swoobles TV". This player is automatically recording a demo of every map and when the map changes the demo will be moved to our web server. Admins can use this new feature to review any complaints or other things such as ban reviews. To view the demo files please go to, http://demos.swoobles.com

I am also planning to use the demo download feature to create community videos. We now have a YouTube channel, SwoobleServers, which I will upload these community videos to. If anyone would like to contribute to making videos for this channel please feel free!

Lastly, we have created a DNS record for each server so you don't need to remember the IP. You can use these names in place of the IP when connecting to one of our servers.

Counter-Strike: Source
css.mg.swoobles.com

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
csgo.mg.swoobles.com
csgo.jb.swoobles.com
csgo.drc.swoobles.com
csgo.gg.swoobles.com

Fortress-Forever
ff.pub.swoobles.com

Mumble
mumble.swoobles.com

I would like to thank everyone who helped donate toward the port upgrade. You guys have no idea how much I appreciate it as this is what truly keeps the servers running (as well as our many awesome admins). Please see this thread to see the great guys/gals that pitched in toward the upgrade. I also apologize for how long the upgrade took, sorry!

Lets keep Swoobles growing bigger and better each day!
If you guys could help test the demo functionality that would be great. Just download a demo, put it in your games root directory (cstrike/csgo), launch the game and type "demoui" or "playdemo <demoname>" in console. Let me know how it works!
I wasn't able to get a demo working. I may have been doing something wrong though.
Using demoui caused my game to crash, and playdemo just wouldn't load the file.
(02-23-2013, 08:19 AM)iSuperleggera Wrote: I wasn't able to get a demo working. I may have been doing something wrong though.

same happened for me. i get that when i tried to watch a demo.

] playdemo auto-20130223-0356-jb_obama_v4-3b-____SWOOBLES____
CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file auto-20130223-0356-jb_obama_v4-3b-____SWOOBLES____.dem for reading.
Unknown command "joingame"
I tried it. It opened the demo UI, but when i loaded the demo it just crashed my csgo same problem as super.
(02-23-2013, 05:10 PM)HairOnMyBwnage Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 08:19 AM)iSuperleggera Wrote: I wasn't able to get a demo working. I may have been doing something wrong though.

same happened for me. i get that when i tried to watch a demo.

] playdemo auto-20130223-0356-jb_obama_v4-3b-____SWOOBLES____
CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file auto-20130223-0356-jb_obama_v4-3b-____SWOOBLES____.dem for reading.
Unknown command "joingame"

It only appears to be crashing in CS:GO. I wonder if it supports playing back SourceTV demos yet.

The reason playdemo didn't work for you is because that isn't the full filename you tried to enter.
Really? i just put whatever the file name was when i downloaded it.
The demos should be fixed in CS:GO now. The problem seemed to be the default auto-recording was trying to record before the map was fully loaded.
demoui command is still crashing my game, but playdemo is working fine. This was a genius idea.
(02-23-2013, 09:43 PM)Jolly56 Wrote: demoui command is still crashing my game, but playdemo is working fine. This was a genius idea.

Weird, demoui works fine for me.